Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gemstone pebble finish

Posted by rockybird (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 14 at 14:42

I am tearing out the plaster of my newer pool as it is terribly mottled and already cracked after two years. I spoke to the pool contractor and got a quote for what I thought was pebbletech. The subcontractor dropped off the samples which say "gemstone" on them. Is this as good as pebblesheen? I called the pool contractor angry because we have always used the word "pebblesheen" when referring to the surface and so I thought the quote was truly for pebblesheen. I even told him I wanted arctic white. He tried to reassure me that this stuff is just as good and cheaper in cost.

Does anyone have any experience with Gemstone? I think the color was "mini white." I am okay with using it if it is commonly used without issues and the co. stands by their product. I just dont want any more problems with this pool.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gemstone pebble finish

Pebble Sheen has to come from a Pebble Tech installer.Gemstone is by Florida Stucco. I prefer SGM Diamond Brite. Their River Rok is similar to Pebble Tech, but costs less. I quit using Gemstone when we had several pools have to be replastered. They were not very forth coming in standing up for the product. Once solution they offered was to empty the pool and apply a blow torch to the affected areas. I declined and refinished the pool.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here