Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
havinanotherin2010

worried about size of shallow end

havinanotherin2010
12 years ago

Okay, I'm a worrier, especially when there's a big project like this going on. We are putting in a pool and should be filling it up sometime next week. I have a couple of questions for those of you who have pools...

1. We went and visited a few pools before this project and one had a large tanning ledge that the family just raved over, it was 10x10 or so and they said they spend a lot of time there. So, we decided to do a ledge (9x10 approx) and jutted it out from the pool as much as possible. We have a little one and a dog (plus me and lots of neighbor friends and their dogs!)that I'm sure will spend a lot of time there but I'm worried that we won't have enough shallow when our little one gets older and wants to swim in very shallow (3 1/2) water, and for playing in. Anybody have a ledge that they love?? reasons why?? We added 2 bubblers and an umbrella sleeve and I'm hoping we will love it, really hoping!!

2. Because of the large ledge we only have an area approx. 10' long and 20' wide of flat shallow area. The pb said that this was plenty of play area (this is a diving pool)Anybody have an area like this that's sufficient for play? Where's the most time spent in your pools??

Thanks for any words of encouragement!!!! It's a done deal now but want to be excited instead of worrying so much...

Comments (3)