Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cleaning Utensils - Do I need these?

Posted by coopns (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 5, 13 at 14:18

Above ground 18 foot from Namco. They sold me a number of addons...
ZapVac robotic cleaner
Cleaning devices

Should I keep those cleaning utensils? Any thought on the ZapVac?

How often should I scrub and do you scrub both side and bottom? They sold me 3 different attachments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cleaning Utensils - Do I need these?

Depending on how leafy your surroundings are, you will want a robot. I have an in-ground pool in a leafy, windy area and we run our robot usually once a day, sometimes more if it's been windy and we are in leaf-drop season. During the summertime, like now, we might go a few days between cycles for our robot, if it's not too windy.

I cannot comment on your specific tools, but likely you will need to skim daily (for us takes about 5-10 min), brush weekly (takes us about 30 min), and run the vac as needed. We have a very large pool so I would imagine your times needed would be less. I'd encourage you to look at trouble free pool dot com and they have lots of info on maintenance schedules and maintaining your chemical balance. It's a lot easier and less effort and time to keep a nicely-balanced pool clean!

Oh, on your skimming attachment - we've found that style doesn't work as well for us, again with a lot of leaves around, and we use one called a "leaf rake" with a very fine mesh that claims to "polish" the water. I don't know that it polishes, but it does lift pollen off the surface of the water which is swell. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here