Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zlinda_gw

pool renovation/what do you like best about you pool

zlinda
12 years ago

I live in Missouri City, TX and have a 30 year old free form pool in dire need of renovation. I would like to know what people like best about their pool so I can get some good ideas for the renovation. I am working on getting a quote from Pool Pro who has been taking care of my pool for 15 years. I am still in the deciding process of what I want. They have also remodeled many pools in my area and people seem to be happy with their work.

I plan on adding 2 new sections of decking and resurfacing the new and old deck with stamped concrete. The pool will get new plaster and tiles. I would like to raise the sides of the hot tub so the water will flow forming a little waterfall. I would like to add a long weeping wall to one side and have a shelf about waist deep below the length of it to sit on. My pool is average size, the deep end is 9 feet. It used to have a diving board but it was old and I got rid of it. I was thinking of putting a diving rock there now. I am trying to create a tropical feel for my pool. I have 35 year old oak trees in my back yard that I am leaving in. The landscaping will not exactly be tropical but I would like the pool to look that way.

I have looked at so many beautiful pools on the internet, it seems that there are lots of options. It is hard to decide what to get. I would hate to have it all completed and wished I would have gotten something else added.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022