Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buzz2_gw

Pool filled with water but don't have circulation/filtration

buzz2
11 years ago

Hello,

My gunite pool was finished with Pebblesheen and the next day, 3 days ago, the pool was filled with water by truck. The truck delivery guy said the pool should have circulation started asap, within 24 hours. After I emailed my PB that evening about it, my PB said he would have someone out here today (3 days later) to start the system but I am not optimistic. Two days ago he set the 2 speed pump on low and said I should leave it on all weekend, which I did. However, when I feel the returns, none of them have any water flow except one, which is MINIMAL, I mean the equivalent of a school water fountain. This is a good size salt water pool, about 35,000 gallons. So, I essentially have ZERO filtration and circulation.

We are brushing the pool 2x/day, but I thought the circulation is needed to remove the debris that we are brushing up- in the deep end there are clouds of silt that come up when we brush. The water has started to turn a bit cloudy.

Other than not being able to heat the pool, and it looking a little cloudy, is this a problem or am I making too much of this? Thank you

Comments (6)