Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Houston pool design construction?

Posted by kymberleee (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 13:51

Hubby and I are thinking about getting a pool, has anyone heard of Houston Pool Design Construction ? Thanks!

This post was edited by kymberleee on Wed, Jul 24, 13 at 13:55

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Houston pool design construction?

I am also in Houston and looked them up under BBB. I may call them for more information. I hope you get feedback on them as I am also interested!

o

Thanks for responding!
I tried calling and leaving a message but haven't received a call back yet, I also couldn't find many reviews..hmmm ?? If you find anything or get any feedback please share ;) thanks!!

o

I haven't heard of them, but there are a ton of pool builders out there. Buyer beware...get recommendations and make sure they pay their suppliers and vendors so you don't get liens filed against your home or get left with an unfinished pool. If they aren't answering phone calls, I would take that as a big reason to proceed with caution. If they aren't returning phone calls now, what will it be like when they are building your pool?

o

I can't suggest a good pool contractor, but I can tell you DO NOT use Passion Pools. Hired them on a referral. Sub-standard work, materials. Will not complete work. Lots of promises, no results.

o

Anyone had dealings with Reed's Pool Service in Sugarland, TX?

o

We are using Houston Pool Design Construction to build our pool. David, the owner of the company, has been very responsive and great to work with. After meeting with multiple pool salesmen during the selection process I appreciated David’s down to earth, no nonsense approach. He openly laid out the pricing and was happy to discuss all the various options.
All buyers are different, I prefer to go with the factual, no nonsense approach, tell me the options and I will decide. Most of the dealers I met with were using more of an emotional approach, and trying (very hard) to upsell all the various options.

The key seems to be to find a builder you trust and you are comfortable working with. Best of luck finding the right builder for you new pool

o

Thanks everyone!!

I never did get a callback from Houston pool design but
I think ive narrowed it down to 2 choices... Mckinney pools or premier pools. I hope im making the right decision. I have to say Im a little nervous because of all the horror stories ive been reading.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here