Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LED Housing

Posted by gongoras (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 22, 11 at 13:48

I am in the process of building a pool. I have decided to use LED lights. My pool builder is wanting me to use LED housing. He also wants to charge me an additional $2,600 (4 lights) to change from incadescent to LED. I think that is too much. I have a friend that uses an LED light in his old pool that has incandescent housing and he said it works fine. I feel like I should go with the LED housing as I have the option, but not sure on the cost justification for the upgrade. The current lights were going to be 500W lights each. They are going to use a Jandy LED light, not sure which one. Also any information on the Jandy light would also be appreciated. Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LED Housing

LED fixtures do cost more but also do more. They offer more colors, use a lot less energy, and have no bulbs to change.

The stated price bump does seem like they may not have credited the cost of the 500W incandescent fixture and or used MSRP pricing.

The niche is the part that is permanently attached to the pool. The fixture is what goes in it and provides the light.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here