Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kristins_gw

PB Recommendations - DFW

kristins
10 years ago

I've just moved to SW Arlington and want to put in a pool. Due to limitations with my lot, it will be a play pool. I want something rectangular with very clean lines - contemporary looking.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

Kristin

Comments (3)

• jerseypool
    10 years ago

Arlington, VA?

• jenspence
    10 years ago

We are narrowing down our PB in the area (we are also in Tarrant County) and are leaning towards Watercrest Pools. We have several friends that have built with them and they all rave about them. We have gotten quotes from 4 builders and he has been the most attentive and easy to work with so far. Likely will be signing a contract soon! Good luck!

• llcp93
    10 years ago

We built our pool in Pantego in 2008 and went with Accent Pools. They were easy easy to work with.

We had a 30K gallon pool, arbor, LOTS of aggregate decking, and grotto, retaining wall, moss rock wall, all built for what we thought was a good price compared to the other quote we received. Three things that were an issue for me were: 1) I selected a brand new tile that had thus far, only been applied to two pools. I went and saw both pools. I LOVED it. The firing process brought out a beautiful cobalt blue splash and copper veining in the brown background.
    When my tile arrived and it started going up, I was shocked and hated it. Apparently, my lot didn't fire the same and there was no cobalt blue, but black spots and the copper streaks were yellow. YUCK. They stopped construction for me and I went to the store to pick something else. While they were fine holding off, I ended up just using the tile instead of getting off the schedule to select a tile, and wait to get back on schedule. We were up against having any swim time before school started back. That was not their fault, but wish I had gone with a more tried and true tile than the new artsy one.

The second thing was the tanning ledge. When the plan called for a 4x8 ledge, I thought it meant a 4x8 ledge. Not what I got. Since it is curved, it is 8' from tip to tip but the width varies from 1' to 4' at it's widest. It is now a glorified first step instead and our dog appreciates and uses the ledge to cool off. That should have been better explained and I didn't know to ask. We were already building when I found this forum.

Here is my yellow/brown tile. The smaller dark yellow/blackish spots should have been cobalt and the light yellow was copper.

My glorified step.

The third thing is I used flagstone for coping. Due to the extremely high salt content of Pantego well water, I have a lot of etching and spalling on my stone, even the moss rock. Where kids have held on to the side of the pool in the deep end, has finger grooves. We did not seal it because we had a chlorine pool. We should have done so using flagstone. Big mistake.

Overall, I was very happy. They kept a clean job site. The electric guys and plumbing guys also did some extra work for us as a nominal cost compared to companies we called for an estimate.
    Good Luck