Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sami56_gw

Sami56
10 years ago

Finally have all the "this old house" projects completed, now time for a fun one- spa/ hot tub for the deck. DH reinforced the area where it will set, ran the appropriate electrical outlet, so now which one? We live in central Mass "wicked" cold & snowy winters. We are empty nesters so want a smaller model,2-4 and ? easeily moved when we head south in a few years. Any advise or suggestions welcomed!

Comments (7)

• banana_fanna
    10 years ago

We have been happy with our Hot Springs Hot Tub. We've got the Grandee which is much larger than what you're looking for, but overall we're happy with the brand. We live in cold snowy Michigan and winter is the only time we run it. FWIW, we think the models with loungers in them are a waste of money. If you must have a lounger model, make sure to test it with water in it before you buy. You don't remain reclined - you float! They look good but don't work the way you think it should.

• Sami56
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the help! We'll definitely look into that company's models....
    Anyone else have a suggestion?

• Sami56
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Anyone have experience with these? Price is right, made by Hot Spring Co. Looking for opinions. Thanks!

• ecd23889
    10 years ago

Hi, We live in Virginia and have a Vista Hot Springs Spa. We love it and find it extremely easy to maintain. We've had it for 4 years and have been problem free, but have just developed some type of slow leak. It's warrantied for 5 years, but there is a $49 charge for the service call. The tech is coming out on Wednesday to see what's wrong, and I'll update you on what he discovers.

• Sami56
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you! We bought a smaller Hot Springs model, LOVE it!

• banana_fanna
    10 years ago

Funny you posted today. First thing I did when I got up this a.m. was get all the stuff I need to clean and fill our Hot Springs tub for the winter. Getting chilly here in Michigan. Should've had it done last week when we were enjoying the harvest moon.

You're going to love having a tub when it snows. On snowy, freezing nights I make hubs go open it up while I stand at the doorwall and work up my nerve. LOL. It only hurts for the 15 seconds it takes to make it from the door to the water. After that...HEAVEN. Then when you get out, it's weird how you can stand outside in your suit (or less, in our case ;-) and dry off for a few minutes without even feeling the cold.

You'll never sleep as well as you do after a night of soaking. Enjoy your tub!

• ecd23889
    10 years ago

An update on the service call - The service tech came and provided wonderful service. The leak was caused by a valve that had loosened and a simple tightening solved the problem. he said its not uncommon after years of vibrations for some thing to come loose. He then went on to check out the rest of the system and replaced and adjusted a number of items.at no additional cost. Things we hadn't even noticed weren't operating properly.
    And, we use our spa year round - I call it my poor man's pool. Great for soaking up some sun while staying cool and my hubby and I have waterproof covers for our iPads and use them in the tub for hours, watch movies, The Red Sox ( originally from MA), etc. Love it!!