Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hot Climate Pools

Posted by busboy (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 12, 11 at 11:06

I live in NC and it's hot. My pool is just about too warm to enjoy. It got me thinking about you folks in the Southwest where the summertime low at night can be about 90 degrees. High end folks might have cooling systems but how about the rest of you? Do you enjoy 95 degree water or just not swim during the very hot months? Any cooling tips?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hot Climate Pools

People have some tricks over at troublefreepools.com

http://www.troublefreepool.com/crazy-cooling-idea-t34892.html?hilit=cooling

o

I can drop my pool temp by about 5 degrees by running the water features at night. That being said, it has been 100+ for a million days here in DFW Texas and my pool is right at 91 degrees, much hotter and it won't be refreshing.

o

Here in Florida, I am still using solar for a couple of hrs during the day. We like it at 91-92 maybe a bit warmer however we do most of our swimming at night and it really feel great even after cutting the grass in 100+ degrees. Not too bad, we are spoilt and will never go in if it less that 88 degrees. Pool temp drops to @ 88 degrees every nite.

o

You can add a chiller to the pool to lower the temp some

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here