Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flhomes_gw

Intellichlor / Easytouch question

flhomes
11 years ago

I'm finally 30 days into my pool redo and just converted to salt. For the past 30 days I have been happy with my Easytouch configured with the following schedules:

User Function1 = Pool Cleaner (automated valve) = sandshark runs 1 hour per day, pump at 2500 rpm

User Function2 = Pool Low = runs 9 hours per day, pump at 1000 rpm

Pool Mode = Pool High = manual only when we want more "action" when present at poolside, pump at 2200rpm, this is activated by pushing the "P" on the wireless controller, easy for wife & kids.

The pump is direct wired...power always on...Easy touch controlls settings

I just wired the Intellichlor to be power always on thinking it's internal flow switch will turn it on/off and EasyTouch will control settings. The pump relay is not used. It seems EasyTouch is not smart enough to realize the pump is running in "pool low" mode even though it is the one turning it on. It will not activate the Intellichlor in Pool Low mode. It will only activate Intellichlor during "pool" mode (renamed pool high).

Am I missing something? Do I need to reconfigure and change pool high and pool low? Doing this makes is confusing for wife/kids to turn on pool high manually from the wireless controller.

As a side comment, I find it amazing that such antiquated 1980's technology is this expensive and unconfigurable. I am finding that the wireless 8 button controller is about useless as the 8 buttons cannot be programmed to use functions. They are effectively "hardwired" to the relays. I find this system quite amazing in a negative way.

Comments (4)