Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackie_gal_fl

Pebble sheen- any pics? prism blue, blue granite, aqua blue

jackie_gal_fl
17 years ago

Hey everbody. I'm trying to decide between pebble tec and pebble sheen. I'm trying to pick my favorite pebble sheen currently. Any Pics of Prism Blue, Blue Granite, or Aqua Blue? Also looking for opinions on tec v.s. sheen.

Thank you!

Comments (37)

• tubaruba
    17 years ago

Blue Granite Pebble Sheen. We are very happy with the sheen - the tec was just too rough for our liking.

• sandradee
    17 years ago

We have Ocean Blue Pebblesheen and absolutely love it - not just the color but the finish. We saw a Pebble Tec pool in person. While Tec was smooth, I wasn't sure I would be happy with the bumps, so I put in the order for Sheen.

Of the 3 colors you mentioned, be aware that only Prism Blue comes with the seashells already in the mix (makes for extra sparkle).

Good luck
    Sandy

• florida_gal
    17 years ago

Thanks everybody for your pics! Both of the finishes are beautiful! This is gonna be a tough choice! Now does any one have an Aqua blue pebblesheen pool?

Also,for the pebbletec, does anyone have Jade,carribbean blue, or Sandybeach?

All opinions on anything-sheen or tec- are always welcome!

Thank you again for your help! :-)

• CJMDWYER
    17 years ago

Here is aqua-blue sheen...............

• jackie_gal_fl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow! cjmdwyer, that's a beautiful color! Very cute dog too, by the way! i'm not sure if the aqua is too bright for me though. Your pool also looks great with the lights at night.*sigh* descisions, descisions.....
    Do you have any other color recommendations?

• scrapula
    17 years ago

Where are you in FL, florida gal? If you're in the Tampa Bay area, there are some pools that you can look at.

• laurel_swfl
    17 years ago

Hey Florida Gal, I'm a Florida gal too, in the SW on the Gulf Coast.
    We too are trying to choose a pebble finish color for our renovation.
    Its by Florida Pearl Exposed Aggregate, anyone have that brand?
    I think I have ruled out the black finish (Kahena), I have looked at lots of dark finish pools pics and the dark blues are nice, but I don't care for the black I have seen., (unless they are lagoon type pools (which ours is not).
    My other color choices are: Bay Pearl (aqua with earthy color pebbles) Florida Pearl (white with earthy color pebbles) Shoreline (beige with earthy pebbles) Evening Pearl (grey with earthy pebbles) and Silver Pearl (white with greys and white pebbles)
    I'm just having trouble visualizing it all together... the tile, finish and deck. But I am sure it will be so much better than what it was!
    The deck will be textured concrete with color applied.
    We also did a change order and added demo of the lanai tile so it and the deck will all be same. They finished with the chippers today, yea, the noise drove me nuts!

• laurel_swfl
    17 years ago

jackie_gal_fl and florida_gal:
    are you the same person or two different people?
    Just wondering, the follow up posts have confused me since the original post.

• florida_gal
    17 years ago

Laurel,
    I am Florida gal, and my 12 yr old daughter is Jackie - she is now as obsessed as DH and I about these choices!! Sometimes she doesn't log in on her name and uses mine...Anyway, We are in Palm Bch County on the east coast.
    Our pool was dug last Friday, steel formed Sat and Sun, waiting for our first inspection. It is really hard to picture all of the colors together. OUr PB was pushing Hawaiian Blue from Florida Gem, but when we saw a live pool, it looked like a blue roof tarp!!! We may upgrade to P Tec, waiting for the upcharge quote...
    Abby

• laurel_swfl
    17 years ago

I know what you mean about the blue roof tarp color! We have 2 on our roof, the roofers are to start anyday now, but can't be soon enough for me!
    I just hope this storm season is kind to us all.
    ( We are in Lee County, between Ft Myers and Naples, the city of Bonita Springs)
    I'll post pictures after I read how to do it, or maybe wait to do before and after?
    The work in progress isn't so exciting unless its yours! LOL

Laurel

• mitchcarnie
    17 years ago

Here is Blue Granite with hand seeded shells. I remember making the hard decision. Ask the company if you can see some pools in person. BTW My pool looked green for the first couple weeks and then settled down to this color. We love it, but would have loved prism, aqua or ocean too- all good colors, some more pricey than others

• dede711
    17 years ago

Here's another of Blue Granite...When I was trying to decide, I really wanted a color with more blue and no green, and I am very happy with our choice. (BTW, I was a little panicked as it was filling, because if was VERY green, but after a few days, the water turned this awesome blue)...

Good luck!

DeDe

• cubixs
    17 years ago

dede711: By posting your pictures you helped us make up our minds. We have decided to go with Blue Granite. I will be holding my breath for a few weeks after the pool is filled. We are looking for a blue vs. the green. Thanks for posting the pictures.

• dede711
    17 years ago

Cubixs,

Good luck with your pool fill and remember that when it first fills, it will be green! Do not panic! :)

Please post pictures!!

DeDe

• dmegna2
    17 years ago

We had our Blue Granite PS put in last week, filled Fri/Sat and start-up on Monday of this week. The green was gone this morning!!

• cubixs
    17 years ago

dmegna2: Do you have any pictures that you can post or email to cubixs@yahoo.com? If not no worries.

DeDe: Yes, my wife says to me this evening that she would have been very upseet if I did'nt tell her what to expect. Thank you both very much.

• dmegna2
    17 years ago

cubixs - check your email. I sent along a shot from this morning. I've not yet figured out the pic-posting thing here. That'll be next....

• Philanna
    17 years ago

Here is ours with Prism Blue Sheen
    [IMG]http://i11.tinypic.com/2yys2sx.jpg[/IMG]

full sun
    [IMG]http://i11.tinypic.com/30a5lqr.jpg[/IMG]

early AM
    [IMG]http://i11.tinypic.com/308edyu.jpg[/IMG]

Anna

• Philanna
    17 years ago

oops do-over, here is prism blue early in the morning:

sun:

I love my Prism Blue it changes tones. Sometimes it looks teal blue, or a smokey grey blue, in the evening its almost cobalt looking. And the shells look so pretty in the sun.

Anna

• afnajs
    17 years ago

Here is our Blue Granite Pebble Sheen.

More pictures on the link below.

best,
    Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful: More Blue Granite Pebble Sheen Pics

• shellseaker
    16 years ago

We're looking at Florida Gem exposed aggregate pool finishes and want a very blue pool. Does anyone have pic's of Hawaiian, Sky Blue, Blue Gem, or Aqua Gem finishes?

• bwwisland
    16 years ago

Would LOVE to know if you found pics of the sky blue - the company even makes a DOUBLE sky blue that only contractors know about - hardly any black specs, still a white background so it doesn't look fake and its really really blue. I have'nt seen pics, but may take their word for it. Let me nkow, shellseeker, if you have made a decision or have pics that you can send me! --Becky

• thejimbar
    16 years ago

3M Quartz -Cayman Green/Blue Blend

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool Project Photos

• dischnell
    16 years ago

Very dark blue here...Marbletite Marquis Pewter/Charcoal mixture...

{{!gwi}}

• Jess L
    8 years ago

philanna - what color tile is that ? love it! Thank you!

• Maureen Postorino
    7 years ago

Oh my gosh! I LOVE the Aqua Blue!!!! It is so inviting and refreshing looking! We are in the process of building a pool and I'm trying to decide what color. The pictures of the aqua blue pool has helped me immensely. I'm interested to figure out what you ended up putting in your pool...

• Michael Collins
    7 years ago

Try this site for way too many options - http://www.worldsgreatestpools.com/gallery/

• Anne
    7 years ago

I would love to see actual pools with Blue Granite and Prism Blue in my area. I love them both but I haven't been able to see the Prism Blue in person. Can anyone help me? I'm happy to drive anywhere in the Sarasota /Tampa area. Thank you!

• erinknapp23
    5 years ago
    This thread is still proving useful! We filled our pool yesterday. Decided on blue granite. Looks green at the moment.
  • erinknapp23
    5 years ago
    Hoping this green goes away!
  • erinknapp23
    5 years ago
    Updated photos two months in to fill
  • S
    2 years ago

#erinknapp23 What color was that pool?

• erinknapp23
    2 years ago

Blue Granite

• John Ellis
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Here are some photos of our recent resurfacing, using PebbleTec Pebblesheen in Prism Blue. You can see how it changes color at different depths. We especially love how it goes from medium blue to dark blue as the sun moves to shade throughout the day. This color also has abalone shells so there is a little sparkle as the sun hits it.

• S
    2 years ago

John Ellis I like how your Prism Blue looks. Sometimes it looks more teal than that. So confusing! I am torn between Prism Blue and Blue Granite!

• HU-26501600
    last year

We are also between those two colors, which one did you go with?