Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pebble sheen- any pics? prism blue, blue granite, aqua blue

Posted by jackie_gal_fl (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 10:35

Hey everbody. I'm trying to decide between pebble tec and pebble sheen. I'm trying to pick my favorite pebble sheen currently. Any Pics of Prism Blue, Blue Granite, or Aqua Blue? Also looking for opinions on tec v.s. sheen.
Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pebble sheen- any pics? prism blue, blue granite, aqua blue

Here's an old picture of my Prism Blue. We went with the sheen because it's smoother than the tec. I think all the colors you're looking for are beautiful. I also love, love, love the Ocean Blue. Might have gone with that if we'd seen any pools in person that had it. But we do love this color.
Carol

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Blue Granite Pebble Sheen. We are very happy with the sheen - the tec was just too rough for our liking.

o

We have Ocean Blue Pebblesheen and absolutely love it - not just the color but the finish. We saw a Pebble Tec pool in person. While Tec was smooth, I wasn't sure I would be happy with the bumps, so I put in the order for Sheen.

Of the 3 colors you mentioned, be aware that only Prism Blue comes with the seashells already in the mix (makes for extra sparkle).

Good luck
Sandy

o

Thanks everybody for your pics! Both of the finishes are beautiful! This is gonna be a tough choice! Now does any one have an Aqua blue pebblesheen pool?

Also,for the pebbletec, does anyone have Jade,carribbean blue, or Sandybeach?

All opinions on anything-sheen or tec- are always welcome!

Thank you again for your help! :-)

o

Here is aqua-blue sheen...............

o

Wow! cjmdwyer, that's a beautiful color! Very cute dog too, by the way! i'm not sure if the aqua is too bright for me though. Your pool also looks great with the lights at night.*sigh* descisions, descisions.....
Do you have any other color recommendations?

o

Where are you in FL, florida gal? If you're in the Tampa Bay area, there are some pools that you can look at.

o

Hey Florida Gal, I'm a Florida gal too, in the SW on the Gulf Coast.
We too are trying to choose a pebble finish color for our renovation.
Its by Florida Pearl Exposed Aggregate, anyone have that brand?
I think I have ruled out the black finish (Kahena), I have looked at lots of dark finish pools pics and the dark blues are nice, but I don't care for the black I have seen., (unless they are lagoon type pools (which ours is not).
My other color choices are: Bay Pearl (aqua with earthy color pebbles) Florida Pearl (white with earthy color pebbles) Shoreline (beige with earthy pebbles) Evening Pearl (grey with earthy pebbles) and Silver Pearl (white with greys and white pebbles)
I'm just having trouble visualizing it all together... the tile, finish and deck. But I am sure it will be so much better than what it was!
The deck will be textured concrete with color applied.
We also did a change order and added demo of the lanai tile so it and the deck will all be same. They finished with the chippers today, yea, the noise drove me nuts!

o

jackie_gal_fl and florida_gal:
are you the same person or two different people?
Just wondering, the follow up posts have confused me since the original post.

o

Laurel,
I am Florida gal, and my 12 yr old daughter is Jackie - she is now as obsessed as DH and I about these choices!! Sometimes she doesn't log in on her name and uses mine...Anyway, We are in Palm Bch County on the east coast.
Our pool was dug last Friday, steel formed Sat and Sun, waiting for our first inspection. It is really hard to picture all of the colors together. OUr PB was pushing Hawaiian Blue from Florida Gem, but when we saw a live pool, it looked like a blue roof tarp!!! We may upgrade to P Tec, waiting for the upcharge quote...
Abby

o

I know what you mean about the blue roof tarp color! We have 2 on our roof, the roofers are to start anyday now, but can't be soon enough for me!
I just hope this storm season is kind to us all.
( We are in Lee County, between Ft Myers and Naples, the city of Bonita Springs)
I'll post pictures after I read how to do it, or maybe wait to do before and after?
The work in progress isn't so exciting unless its yours! LOL

Laurel

o

Here is Blue Granite with hand seeded shells. I remember making the hard decision. Ask the company if you can see some pools in person. BTW My pool looked green for the first couple weeks and then settled down to this color. We love it, but would have loved prism, aqua or ocean too- all good colors, some more pricey than others

o

Here's another of Blue Granite...When I was trying to decide, I really wanted a color with more blue and no green, and I am very happy with our choice. (BTW, I was a little panicked as it was filling, because if was VERY green, but after a few days, the water turned this awesome blue)...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Good luck!

DeDe

o

dede711: By posting your pictures you helped us make up our minds. We have decided to go with Blue Granite. I will be holding my breath for a few weeks after the pool is filled. We are looking for a blue vs. the green. Thanks for posting the pictures.

o

Cubixs,

Good luck with your pool fill and remember that when it first fills, it will be green! Do not panic! :)

Please post pictures!!

DeDe

o

We had our Blue Granite PS put in last week, filled Fri/Sat and start-up on Monday of this week. The green was gone this morning!!

o

dmegna2: Do you have any pictures that you can post or email to cubixs@yahoo.com? If not no worries.

DeDe: Yes, my wife says to me this evening that she would have been very upseet if I did'nt tell her what to expect. Thank you both very much.

o

cubixs - check your email. I sent along a shot from this morning. I've not yet figured out the pic-posting thing here. That'll be next....

o

Here is ours with Prism Blue Sheen
[IMG]http://i11.tinypic.com/2yys2sx.jpg[/IMG]

full sun
[IMG]http://i11.tinypic.com/30a5lqr.jpg[/IMG]

early AM
[IMG]http://i11.tinypic.com/308edyu.jpg[/IMG]

Anna

o
prism blue pictures

oops do-over, here is prism blue early in the morning:

sun:

I love my Prism Blue it changes tones. Sometimes it looks teal blue, or a smokey grey blue, in the evening its almost cobalt looking. And the shells look so pretty in the sun.

Anna

o

Here is our Blue Granite Pebble Sheen.

More pictures on the link below.

best,
Jeff

Here is a link that might be useful: More Blue Granite Pebble Sheen Pics

o

We're looking at Florida Gem exposed aggregate pool finishes and want a very blue pool. Does anyone have pic's of Hawaiian, Sky Blue, Blue Gem, or Aqua Gem finishes?

o

Would LOVE to know if you found pics of the sky blue - the company even makes a DOUBLE sky blue that only contractors know about - hardly any black specs, still a white background so it doesn't look fake and its really really blue. I have'nt seen pics, but may take their word for it. Let me nkow, shellseeker, if you have made a decision or have pics that you can send me! --Becky

o

3M Quartz -Cayman Green/Blue Blend

Here is a link that might be useful: Pool Project Photos

o

Very dark blue here...Marbletite Marquis Pewter/Charcoal mixture...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here