Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plain ol' concrete meets stamped/colored?

Posted by amycj (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 9:56

Our project will begin within a couple weeks. The one thing bothering me, at the moment, is the fact that we have an existing patio of your typical concrete. Off of this patio will begin our pool deck. We would like to go the stamped concrete path with a little color, but I'm getting worried about the appearance of the two. Does anyone have pics to share of their project that is similar in situation? I've been searching, but not really seeing anything. Our PB will be taking us around to other pools later this week, but I still would like to see others and get opinions on this. Thanks so much!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plain ol' concrete meets stamped/colored?

We had the same issue. Out of the 6 PB's we interviewed, 4 of them said they could just do an overlay, on the patio, to match the stamped concrete we were doing for the deck. The other 2 refused to do the overlay and told us the threshold was to short to do it properly so it would crack easily and they would not do it.

We picked one of the companies that refused to do it as everything they suggested seemed to make more sense structurally.

He told us to go with tile on the patio which turned out well. We picked a tile that more matches our coping vs trying to match the deck and all in all, it turned out well. I wish we had of went a couple of shade darker on the deck but oh well, it is what it is.

Photobucket

View from backdoor

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

paradigmdawg: Your pool looks great! 2 questions: We are thinking of doing stamped concrete on our pool deck, do you have any problems with it being more slippery than plain concrete for wet feet? Also, your water color is very pretty. Can I ask what finish you used?

o

The stamped concrete is not slippery at all wet or dry. The tile is slippery when wet.

The plaster is Tahoe Blue PT.

o

I can vouch for the stamped concrete not being slippery. Ours has a texture to it... if anything, it has more "grip" to it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here