Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm going to throw up. Scott, Kelly, anyone please help....

Posted by banana_fanna (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 1, 12 at 9:08

OMG. I think a ping pong ball went down my skimmer line.

The kids had them last night. One of them was missing when they cleaned up. I thought it was in the bushes, we'd find it this morning. This morning the filter goes on automatically at 8. When I got out there at 8:30 it was making a noise and very, very little water was getting into the pump. I know it's a ping pong ball because when I was getting them out of the pool last night, one was wedged between skimmer basket and skimmer wall, holding the basket up so I'm sure one got underneath and in.

OMG. I know this is bad. How bad and where could it be stuck? Pipes? Filter? OMG.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm going to throw up. Scott, Kelly, anyone please help....

Oops!

Is your basket in the pump solid or does it have a hole?

If it is solid, the ball could be just inside the endpoint plumbing at the pump and stuck against the basket.

My basket has a hole on the water input size and a frog was sucked into my skimmer last week while i was cleaning the basket, it was bigger than a ping pong ball and was in the basket when I walked around, I let him out of course.

o

Get a shop vac and blow it out from the pump. It'll shoot up and out of the skimmer (basket out!).

Scott

o

That frog must have had the ride of his life.

o

Thank you, everyone!

Scott, that's exactly what my husband (also Scott) did.

He was still sleeping when this was all going down, while I posted here, while I had my 19th nervous breakdown over this pool project.

When he woke up, I told him what happened and he was cool as a cucumber.

The ping pong ball was ejected back into the skimmer - which made me ridiculously happy.

Thanks, everyone.

o

Just be glad it wasn't GI Joe with the Kung FU grip! Then you'd need a heavier duty, dedicated blower like I use for winterizing lines.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here