Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polaris keeps getting stuck behind ladder!

Posted by flymom65 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 8:55

We have been here for 5 yeas and just recently started having this problem. As soon as I free it, it is right back stuck in the same spot within ten minutes. We never had this problem before. My husband is so fed up and he has been begging me to let him fill it in for months now. I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle here. Any suggestions for a solution would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polaris keeps getting stuck behind ladder!

assuming this is a suction/pressure side cleaner, just take out as many section of hose as you need to in order to prohibit it reaching the ladder. You will need to brush the areas the cleaner doesn't reach into the rotation of area that cleaner does reach.

Filling in a pool based on a cleaner getting stuck seems dramatic :)

What about removing the ladder? is it used much?

o

I have experienced the same problem. It could be the back up valve not working. That part can be replaced. I've replaced various parts on my polaris 380 over the years.

o

Polaris, long ago, started making ladder deflectors. I'm pretty sure they are still available/

Scott

o

Per Kge be sure to check backup valve. Many moving parts, limited life

Does your Polaris incidentally use separate pump

o

hilemandale, is the question for Kge or flymom65? I'm assuming for original poster, but yes for kge.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here