Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smuggs_gw

Pool to go in sloped back yard

smuggs
16 years ago

We'll, I think we've decided that we're going with a pool. Now, we are trying to decide how to situate the pool as we have a sloped back yard. From the top of the yard, near the house, the yard generally slopes downward 5-6ft over the roughly 50ft area that would be where the pool + decking will be. So, my question is, should we consider having the top area where the spa and entrance to the pool area raised so that you enter the pool area at grade? (we'd then have a RBB at the shallow end of the pool and steps down (12-18", is my guess) somewhere along the side. On the one hand, this sounds nice because we'd get a decent from the spa, but it would face away from the house. Or, should we have the top area graded down so that we have to step down onto the pool deck from the back of the house? (we'd probably have to do a small retaining wall or simply landscape the slope and put in drainage pipe to prevent run off from flowing on to the deck and into the pool) I guess it may help to note that we will only be fencing the pool area as our backyard is too large to fence the whole thing.

Comments (5)