Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
iAqualink or Aqualink touch?

Posted by Coopsyd (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 30, 12 at 2:47

Hi,

I've been reading this site for months as we've prepared for our new pool, and the information has been invaluable. My pool builder is now asking me to make a decision on whether to use go with the iAqualink control system or the standard Aqualink Touch. While the iAqualink seems to be the more obvious choice, I am worried about it's reliance upon internet connectivity. Because we already have so many devices on our internet, it isn't always the most stable and has to be reset pretty regularly (once per week). Additionally, we don't think we'll have any great need to pre-heat our spa prior to getting home in the evenings. Would it be a mistake to go with the traditional model in your opinion for the sake of reliability? For what it's worth, the more expensive iAqualink is already budgeted in my contract so it wouldn't be more expense, but that's not the major factor anyhow. Thank you in advance for any thoughts and advice you have.

Best,

Jeff

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iAqualink or Aqualink touch?

Go iAqualink, and if you are worried about wireless connectivity, just have it hard wired to your router, it is an option to wireless. Issue solved. You will regret not being able to control your pool or monitor it while you are not home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here