Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
squirt_gw

Is Beadcrete REALLY 7 x's more than PebleTec???

squirt
15 years ago

OK...my PB talked with a Beadcrete rep yesterday and they JUST might be willing to do this in my pool afterall! It's a win/win if he gets to become the premier PB that brings this to my area. He was the PB that also brought in PebbleTec yeaars ago.

OMG...I am Sooooooooo excited because my feet might not bleed then PLUS I've heard it's gorgeous.

Here is the problem though....

she told my PB that Beadcrete runs about seven times MORE than Pebble Tec!!!!!!!!

Can that be possible??? Is it because they have no competition and it's fairly new on the market?

That would be a bummer...but then again, I don't know if we are talking a few hundred or a few thousand because my pool estimate doesn't break down each "standard"...so I don't currently know how much of my pool costs is the Pebble Tec.

Anyway, can anyone verify IF Beadcrete REALLY is that much more than the Pebbletec/sheen? And if so, is it worth it?

Lastly - colors choices...does anyone know what the bluest blue color for Beadcrete would be? In Pebbletec & sheen I was going to go with PT Tropical Breeze or Blue Lagoon and in PS Prism Blue or Aqua Blue.

Just looking at the web site I would think maybe Waterblue?

Thank you again for everyone's great opinions here.

S

Comments (11)

• gorilla_x
    15 years ago

Quote:
    "That would be a bummer...but then again, I don't know if we are talking a few hundred or a few thousand because my pool estimate doesn't break down each "standard"...so I don't currently know how much of my pool costs is the Pebble Tec."

That is very bad... your bid must provide a cost breakdown for each feature... if it does not, then the bid is not worth the paper it's printed on. I've found some PBs like to do that... keeps the costs hidden, because the less the consumer knows, the better it is for the PB.

That, coupled with the "7x more expensive" line, and my advice is to buy a good pair of running shoues, and RUN from that PB.

-Gorilla

• gina171
    15 years ago

WHOA!!! 7 times as expensive?? doesn't seem possible! we are having our 30 year old freeform pool renovated next week with Pebble Tec, our pool is 48 feet by 19 feet, and it is costing us around $6700 for PebbleTec! How in the world could a surfacing product cost 7 times that? For heaven's sakes, that's the price of some pools!

I think you need to call some pool builders in other parts of the country, JUST to get a comparision of the beadcrete vs. pebble tec prices. this sounds wrong...

• susantiger
    15 years ago

Hi Squirt! Beadcrete should be about 20% more than pebble tec. I cannot believe that Beadcrete would tell anyone that. No way, no how. Sounds like the PB really getting some jollies! They base cost of Beadcrete application per linear foot. Some quote $120 - $130 per linear foot. I found one that does it at $95 per linear foot. Hope this helps! Susan in Dallas

• neilaz
    15 years ago

I wouldn't worry about the cost breakdown. If you got multiple bids and feel good about your choice...... go with it. I got seven bids and only one did a cost breakdown and I was not allowed to keep that copy.

• gorilla_x
    15 years ago

Quote:
    "I wouldn't worry about the cost breakdown. If you got multiple bids and feel good about your choice...... go with it."

I would agree if the bids contained the exact same items... but if not, then the breakdown is helpful. Some PBs get better deals on some items than others.

When I solicited bids for my pool, and house (several years ago), I always got a cost breakdown for bid (base price) and in the bid, I had the builders place the additional costs for options. With a well laid out bid, I could pick and choose options, and know the cost.

But there has to be a reason why a builder does not provide a cost breakdown... and I doubt 'laziness" is the reason.

-Gorilla

• squirt
    Original Author
    15 years ago

ok...I called a few reps throughout the country and got everything from 20% more to 2X to 3X's more...hmmm...talk about a range!
    I have a somewhat itemized proposal for the project...it's not brken down into super specifics. I'm sure if I ask for it the PB will give that to me though.
    Thanks everyone!
    S

• natural_one
    15 years ago

7xs..........ahhhh hahahahahahaha. and she's the rep??? wow

• suswelch
    11 years ago

Beeeeee carefull! Scoure the Internet about beadcrete. Heard that some builders won't even use it because of disintegration problems. We looked but did not buy. Too gun shy. Check replacement warranty coverage. Labor ect.

• goyom
    11 years ago

My neighbor got a similar run around.

Skip beadcrete... go with what you think will be around.

A warranty is useless when the company goes belly up.

• just-a-pb
    11 years ago

Just a clarification,
    Beadcrete did have some early issues, but those are behind them. It is a quality product.
    Any body can charge what they want for a product. It is generally 2 to 3 times what Pebble Tec is.
    The water color you can achieve with this product is amazing.

• natural_one
    11 years ago

As far as the warranty being useless, stick with Beadcrete's line offered by Pebble Technologies and you'll be in the best hands possible.

IF you decide the go beadcrete, all I can say is do an all glass application and not a mixture of stone and glass. PebbleTec's beadcrete is only available in all glass now for certain issues that existed with the mix of stone and glass.