Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Drop in grill safe for wooden cabinets??

Posted by Nick_R (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 19, 11 at 0:34

I am currently building an outdoor kitchen/poolhouse and planned on having cypress cabinets built with granite coutertops and having my new bull grill built in. Recently I read the manual for the grill and it says not to mount the grill within 21" of combustible material!?!? Should I comply to this and build the bar out of brick for this section or is this just an over the top safety suggestion? Both of my cabinet guys say it shoud be OK but im not sure ... Any suggestions?? Will the bottom of the grill really get that hot?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Drop in grill safe for wooden cabinets??

Have you thought of using steel studs and cement board for sheathing?

Scott

o

I would frame the area the grill will go into using cement board as poolguynj said

o

Check the warranty from your grill's manufacturer. Some of them are void if you put grill in wood cabinets. Others offer warranty if you buy a stainless protector $4-500 additional.
shellip

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here