Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
catch basin for an infinity water feature

Posted by snarfy (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 23, 11 at 0:30

Hi I am Darryl,I have a project at my home. it is a 10x10x4 with an 8 person tub seating in the cave end for my water basin(pool) what would I need my catch basin (For an infinity edge/displacement tank) to measure in at

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: catch basin for an infinity water feature

Do you want the water going over the negative to sheer or hug the wall or go down a stepped stone wall? How wide will the edge be?

Scott

o

10 foot edge the edge has no visible function. there is a log separating the pool from the beach. the illusion is that the log is damning the water to create the pool /waterfall then the beach is the lower resivore witch is a separate resivore recirculating it's water to appear some water coming from upper.so the displacement tank is in in between pool & log/beach. the infinity edge in this illusion is the log damming the water yet accommodating water displacement

o

still would like to learn how big my catch basin ought to be

o
RE:how big does a catch basin need to be?

maybe someone can help me figure this ? out soon

o

Post a pic of the design.

Scott

o

There are too many variables in negative edge design and your description in insufficient to make suggestions.

o

a pic of the design or scan of the plans would help tremendously.

o

to all you needing a pic. I thank you for nothing I figured a high tech way to answer my own ? I weigh in at 215 so I scrunched down into a cube measured it, then figured If I have 10 people in at once I would need a cube 10 X bigger than me for my catch basin /displacement tank

o

Wrong, that's only a part of it. We would have been happy to assist if you had given us the info we asked for. Since you gave us nothing, you got nothing. But please, go ahead and perceive yourself as being smarter or more experienced.

Scott

o

You're very welcome snarfy. You received information equal to the details you provided. Good luck with your design, you'll need it.

o

hahaha, if only television had a pool building sitcom, this would be a great first episode....husband scrunches into a ball in living room (tipping over a couple times rolling around), wife measure human ball with a 12" ruler, husband uses calculator to mulitply times 10 and has now figured out what award winning builders and designers could not. Epic!

It's unfortunate how multiple resources are offering their help, only to get a pompous and sarcastic declaration of "nevermind, I figured it out."

Please Snarfy, PLEASE let us know what happens in episode two.

o

Lets build a Formula 1 race car!

or

Lets fix the economy!

It won't be hard to do!

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here