Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dark waterline tile and scum

Posted by gongoras (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 0:01

I have decided on two glass mosaics as my tile. One of which will be a dark multicolored luster mosaic and the other will be a light white silvery luster mosaic. For design purposes the dark mosaic will be on the accent areas and the light mosaic will be on the rest of the pool. The question is, I would like to bring my dark mosaic down into the water for aesthetics but I am afraid I am going to create myself a nightmare on maintenance due to waterline scum. another question, if I do get the dreaded waterline scum what are the remedies? I do plan on using a dark grout for the dark glass mosaic tiles (3/4"x3/4"). Accent areas are four pilasters, outside jacuzzi and tanning ledge. I can stop the dark tile before the waterline and then revert to light tile, but the effect will not be as pleasing. Comments?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dark waterline tile and scum

You will need to control your PH,CH and ALK. My CH is 400 out the tap so it is hard to control the calcium buildup. Just had someone out yesterday to blast it off. $350 :( Follow the attached table. If you are talking about scum as you say then weekly brushing will help

Here is a link that might be useful: langelier saturation index

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here