Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nick_shirley

Ever use Pleatco filters?

nick_shirley
12 years ago

The cartridges in my Hayward C2020 filter are just over two years old and look to be in OK shape. I take them out and hose them off about four times a year. But I'm thinking that it would be nice to have a second set so that I can quickly swap out the cartridges when I need to and then do the hosing off at a more convenient time and do a more thorough job of cleaning.

The problem, as it always is, is money. Mail order Hayward cartridges run about $50 to $60 each plus shipping (I don't know what Leslie's wants but I'd bet it's significantly more). Since I need four, that's a lot of money for me. But I see that a company called Pleatco offers generic cartridges for about $25 each and if I buy a four pack from "USA General Store", the all-in price including shipping would be $106.

Anyone ever have experience with Pleatco cartridges? Good, bad, otherwise? Half off from the OEM price is pretty darned temping if they do a decent job of cleaning and last a reasonable length of time.

Thanks,

Nick in Palm Springs

Comment (1)

• banana_fanna
    12 years ago

We have a Hot Springs spa that uses 5 cartridges. I started using Pleatcos a few years ago and have never looked back.

When I compared, side by side, the Pleatco to the cartridges that came with my spa (Watkins) I could not tell the difference. Only difference AFAIK is price.

$20 vs. $50

SOLD!