Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
docz_gw

New Build - Katy TX

DocZ
12 years ago

After lurking here for some time, and a lot of research and interviews with 10 PBs (yes, 10), we have signed and started our project. Pics to follow.

General:

110 perimiter freeform tropical

23x39 max width/length

600 sq ft

Spraydeck with flagstone inlays

Custom Spa with polystorm jets

Separate hot waterfall into spa

Large multiple waterfalls along one side

Custom fire pit

Custom fire features (3) in waterfall rock

RiverRok pebble finish (two colors)

Large tan ledge with 3 bubblers

Patio covering. shingled roof with finished ceiling and fans

Stacked stone around spa, firepit, patio covering columns

2 Intellibrite pool lights, 1 Intellibrite Spa light

Easytouch 8 wireless remote system

Pentaire Intelliflow VS pumps, 3 HP waterfall pump, separate spa waterfall pump and cleaner booster pump

Mastertemp 400k heater

DE filter

Polaris 280

2 skimmers

Area drains in deck to street

Sprinkler system rezone, 3 zones

All sod repair/replace

Multiple large, medium, and small palm trees, plants, flower beds, etc in full landscaping package

Design:

Comments (15)

• DocZ
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The first 3 days of work:

Dig, steel, stub, gunite completed.

• DocZ
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tile, coping, long plumb, equipment, deck

End of the third week..... Very pleased with work so far!!

• brentr_gw
    12 years ago

Mann, that is going to be one sweet pool. Keep the pics coming.

• womanowned
    12 years ago

Looks like a nice job at a brisk pace. You'll love it!

• californiatx
    12 years ago

Great looking design! Should be fantastic with the waterfall rocks and landscaping! We are thinking of putting in our own soon similar in style to yours. Who's your pool builder and landscape company? Are you also building an arbor over patio?

• DocZ
    Original Author
    12 years ago

californiatx - Thanks, we are looking forward to the rock work (in progress now) and final look with landscaping and lighting.
    Our PB is Gulf Coast Pool Company in Richmond. The posts you see in the pics are for a shingled patio covering with finished ceiling, lights, and fans. The patio covering, as well as the irrigation rezoning and resodding, is part of our contract with Gulf Coast Pools. We have a separate contract on the landscaping (palm trees, flower beds, landscape lighting, etc) with Gulf Coast's primary landscaper.

• jackty
    12 years ago

Your build looks beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing the final project. I love the colors that you chose.

• flourgirlsweets
    12 years ago

Hi -- really like your pool design. It's similar to what we are considering. May I ask how much you are spending -- just a ballpark? We are in College Station so I am trying to get a general feel for what we can expect to get. Thanks.

• DocZ
    Original Author
    12 years ago

jackty - thanks very much... we changed our tile at the last second, and we're glad we did!

flourgirlsweets - in increments of 25k, we're in the 50-75k range, but that includes everything, not just the pool (landscaping, irrigation, decking, drainage, fire pit, shingled patio structure, etc.). Hope that gives you a ballpark.

• DocZ
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Updated pictures include flagstone runners and waterfalls/rock work

Hot waterfall that goes into spa:

Rest of waterfall with multiple water flows, built-in fire features, and built-in planters:

Flagstone runner install:

Future firepit location at edge of deck:

Rick, our project manager, plumbing the equipment:

• davistx1
    12 years ago

Any more updates or pictures? I would love to see how this one turned out.

• poolguynj
    12 years ago

How are you adding chlorine? I didn't see a salt cell or erosion feeder.

I would have liked to see Rick put some space between the valves.

Scott

• domingos35
    12 years ago

no variable speed pumps?

• ZChem
    11 years ago

WARNING - DO NOT USE GULF COAST POOL COMPANY of Richmond TX! I am the owner of the pool you see above. We have had the WORST experience with Gulf Coast Pool company and Mike Caruso, the owner. We have had so many problems with our leaking gas lines, shoddy stone work, electrical issues, etc. etc. They have repeatedly refused to honor any of their warranty work, and keep telling me I have to go hunt down the subcontractors they chose to use for any warranty work. In our opinion, Gulf Coast Pools has terrible workmanship and is the most unprofessional company we've ever dealt with. It has been so bad, that several other cutomers of this comapny have contacted me to tell me their horror stories with this pool builder, Gulf Coast Pool Company in Richmond TX. Some of those stories are right here on Garden Web, just do a search and read for yourself, and search for them on google as well. Also notice that their BBB rating is currently a D- !!! Learn from our mistake! I would strongly advise to stay away from this company!

• womanowned
    11 years ago

You said you interviewed 10 pool builders before selecting one. May I ask what made you decide to go with this one? I might also suggest you start a new thread with your warning.