Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pool with liner help

Posted by Tracik3 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 28, 12 at 21:49

Hi, all! I'm new here. I have been lurking for a few months but first post.

We just put in a bid on a house that has a pool with a liner. They said there was a new liner put in 6 months ago. Well, at one place it has come undone from the capping. I guess that is what you call it. Its about a 5" gap. The realtor said that the pool would have to be drained some and the liner stretched to fix it. Is this right and would this be a problem in the future? I kind of think the owners put the liner in because there is some wrinkling at the bottom. Or is this normal for a liner? Thanks so much for any help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pool with liner help

It should be a easy fix without seeing it I can't be sure without seeing it. Make sure they install liner lock to keep the liner from doing the same thing.. Now for the wrinkles how big are they and is the yard sloped toward the pool in anyway. If so there is a possibility the liner has floaded from underground water and caused the wrinkles and the liner too come out of track...I would have a pool pro take a look before I closed the deal....

o
RE: pool with liner help

We absolutely are going to have the pool inspected before we sign. I don't think the pool is sloped. It looks pretty level. From what I can tell its not bad but it close to the area where the liner has come undone. Its like 3 or 4 smallish wrinkles but enough that I noticed it.

Now, I'm wondering if we want the house at all. UGH The house is facing East and there is no shade under the patio in the evening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here