Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green walls

Posted by ktnyc00 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 19:51

Just opened up our pool in NY. Have We had green walls part of last season and now, obviously, this season too. I went to the pool store and they sold me a ton of chems last year but it didn't help. This year I took some photos and would really appreciate any thoughts. Can this ever come off?
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green walls

Did they check for Phosphates in the water with the foliage I see in the background I would almost bet you have it in your water.If your having a problem keeping your free chlorine level up this is the cause...

o

Excessive CYA in the water will tie up your free chlorine (FC) so it can't do it's job. The FC level should be nearly 10% of the CYA level to be effective.

If you would post your chem levels and how they were tested, it will help. Saying the pool store said they were OK is not going to work here, as you can see.

Scott

o

If you brush does the green come off ?
If so its shock time.

Here is a decent CYA/CL chart.

http://www.poolcare101.com/showthread.php?17-CYA-Chlorine-Chart

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here