Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any pics of stonescapes carribean blue or others?

Posted by gypsy_2008 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 6, 08 at 19:46

We need help in picking stonescapes and pebble sheen colors since there are no pools in my area with this surface. We don't want anything too dark or too "fake" blue. Any pics will help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any pics of stonescapes carribean blue or others?

Here is a picture of our pool just finished about a month ago. The finish is Pebble-Sheen Blue Granite. We are very happy with it! My first choice was Caribbean Blue but the builder wanted a premium price for the caribbean so we went with the Blue Granite. They are very close in color.

Finished

o

Ours is Blue Lagoon Pebbetec.
Blue Lagoon

o

Ours is Stonescape Tahoe Blue mini which is actually the same as Pebbletec Carribean blue...despite the name and having had Pebbletec Carribean blue last time. ...just a tad lighter than the Stonescape Carribean which is more grey and thus a tiny bit lighter.

If your interested, let me know and I will try and figure out how to get a picture.

o

Thanks so much for the photos. I would still like to see Stonescapes carribean blue. It is not the same as the pebble tec/pebble sheen colors, as it is more gray. I don't know if it's too light to get a rich color. The pebble sheen blue granite looks nice, but I think the tahoe blue may be too dark. I would also love to see any pebble sheen slate blue if its out there...Thanks!

o

We have Stonescapes mini Midnight Blue. I know you said you don't want too dark, but just thought I'd give you something to compare. It's only been about 4 weeks since it was done and we love, love it.

Here's the pool in full afternoon sun:
Photobucket

And a view of the spa with the spitter going and with more shade:
Photobucket

o

Ok full sun....Stonescape Tahoe Blue which is the right thing if you are looking for PebbleTec Carribean Blue. Our Stonescape Tahoe Blue gets darker and blue and less aqua closer to 1/2 sun and dusk.
Stonescape Carribean blue is a shade lighter and has a bit more aqua tones to it.

o

What are those round things in your pool?

o

Those are some solar disks I made from eBay. I need to make the rest of them but the last couple of days is the first time the pool cooled below 83 so I haven't needed them.

o

gyspsy 2008,

Did you ever find any pictures of StoneScapes Caribbean Blue Mini Pebble.
I was looking for examples of this color as well.
Did you install StoneScape mini pebble? Is it to rought on the feet for a play pool?

o

Did you find any pics? We need to decide. I am afraid Caribbean blue will have a green tint??? Leaning toward Aqua Cool... any suggestion?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here