Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pool Auto Fill Too Low

Posted by JBHorne (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 17, 12 at 19:20

Hello,

First post here. My wife and I just bought a new house with a pool. This is our first pool, so it's been quite a learning experience.

Regarding my issue, the pool level is about 1/2" above the bottom of the tile line. This is just enough to keep the skimmer basket filled and the pump primed. I've been playing with raising the water level, however cannot seem to get it any higher. The vertical auto-fill valve was at it's highest setting. I replaced this with a brass float, however still on the highest setting, the level is still too low. It simply appears that the float connection was installed too low -- obviously an expensive fix. Before a jury rig a longer stem for the float, does anyone else have this issue or any idea what I could try?

Thanks!
Justin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pool Auto Fill Too Low

Generally, these have a gross adjustment and a fine adjustment. The gross adjustment is the fact there are two tubes that hold each other and the fine is the fact the outer will also rotate some.

Are there any more clicks up for the outer tube or is it at its top?

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here