Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Too small for 2 LED lights?

Posted by gator12112 (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 18:36

Hello all,

We're about to start a small pool at our home. The PB had only 1 LED light in the pool and 1 LED light in the spa. I told him that I really wanted 2 LED lights in the pool and he advised against it but will throw it in the contract if we so wish.

So, the pool itself is 11 x 24 but 6' of the 24' is a sun shelf. The sunshelf will have 3 bubblers but don't think they are color bubblers.

So, my question is...will 2 LED lights be too much? I like brightly lit pools but don't want to look foolish. But again, the PB will throw it in free if we decide that we want it.

Could also try and get him to include color bubblers on the sun shelf and keep the 1 LED in the main pool.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Too small for 2 LED lights?

We just finished a small pool build a month ago, 10'x26' (6 person spa included in length) a 8'x12' tanning shelf centered in a stunted T shape. One main pool light, one spa light (facing away from the house) no lights on tanning shelf and it is plenty bright enough for us.
Although I was concerned the tanning shelf would be dark it isn't.

Much luck in your choices and more enjoyment when you've finished :)

o
RE: Too small for 2 LED lights?

Thanks Deborah. I may go with 1 light and the color bubblers. Hate to lose the light since I negotiated it in. He said you can always turn one light off but it won't be centered.

Any other opinions?

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here