Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pour-A-Lid question...material depth

Posted by banana_fanna (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 15, 11 at 18:32

I think someone here had travertine cut to fit their Pour-A-Lids.

My deck is concrete pavers. They're approx 2.5" thick. I'm hoping my paver guy can 'slim them down' so they'll somehow fit in a Pour-A-Lid.

Before I purchase the lids, can this be done?

Anybody know how deep the 'trough' is in the lid that the material is poured or the paver is laid? Can't find this info on their site.
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pour-A-Lid question...material depth

we use them a bunch in the field, but I cant picture how deeep they are. I believe they will fit just fine.

If not, almost every supplier of travertine will sell the exact stone, but in a thin tile that you can mortar set.
You can always do a stone lid without using a pour-a-lid...just have them leave an interior lip above the skimmer opening, and cut a thick paver perfectly to size with some finger holes or notches on the outer perimeter of the lid.

o
RE: Pour-A-Lid question...material depth

Thanks natural one...
Your information was correct. I finally got in touch with someone at the company and the depth of the trough is 1 and 5/8 inches.

Thanks, again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here