Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does StoneScapes or Pebble shen hurt your feet?

Posted by andtrevmommy (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 29, 10 at 17:51

We are getting near the end of doing our pool. It is a 4 1/2 ft deep pool with spa and reef. There is going to be a lot of playing in this pool. We have kids from 3 to 14 and have 30 people over at a time. The last thing I want is for my guest feet to hurt or marks on our butts. I am so scared of this surface. We were going with just plaster but do have it in the budget to get StoneScapes surface. Thoughts? Will it hurt? HELP PLEASE!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does StoneScapes or Pebble shen hurt your feet?

Pebble Sheen jobs are usually smoother than most plaster jobs. The crews for Pebble Tec are usually the best for miles around and follow best practices with no scrimping or shortcuts used. If the same company also does Stonescapes, I would like to think that the same types of workmanship exists.

Scott

o

Just curious what makes you think the crews for pebble tec are usually the best for miles around?

o

andtrevmommy, for what it's worth, we had pebblesheen installed and have loved it from the beginning. from my experiences, it's not any different than playing volleyball or basket ball in a pool that has "normal" plaster. i've experienced both with little or no difference. the thing to keep in mind is the longer you are in the pool the softer your skin becomes and playing sports under those conditions lead to sore feet. my boys 24 and 29 along with myself have not had any issues. i can't speak for scott but i can tell you that my PB spoke highly of the PT/PS applicators meaning that PT/PS are very particular/picky on who they hire to apply that interior. hope this helps.

o

We had Pebble Sheen for over 5yrs on our last pool, it was not hard on the feet but sure hard on the swimsuits. I don't think it was the best job around for miles, we had some really rough spots and we brushed and brushed the heck out it. They didn't do a great Acid wash the first time so you could see the discoloring due to the pebbles not being exposed. They keep adding acid and we keeped brushing and it didn't make that much off a difference.

We have moved and putting in another bigger deeper pool and using stonescapes (mini pebbles) - the pool is not quite full yet, but we played around in it last night while it was filling. There are no extra rough spots and I think the sonescapes is smoother then the PS. Of course we were only in it for a couple of hrs and I have not given it the swimsuits test yet.
We are happy with the plaster job and glad to save some $$ on top of it. It looks just like PS.

Hope this helps.

o

To lvpools,

PT doesn't let just anyone that wants to sign up for their program. They are very particular and have dumped applicators that refused to meet the levels of proficiency and service they demand.

While their prices are higher and competition is increasing in the aggregate finish market, they recognize the need for differentiators like applicator skill, quality, service, and consistency.

I'm not saying PT is the only one to pick. There are other finishes and crews that do some fantastic work. There are a few good finishers by me and some that are the pits. By and large though, the PT authorized finishers are consistently excellent.

Scott

o

I think that it is a bit misleading to say that pebble tec is the best because they certify applicators. There are many applicators who chose not to work with pebble tec. The certification also is a bit confusing to me. A company is certified not an individual, I personally know of dozens of plasterers who took part in certification, applied pebble tec for years and then left company A (pebble tec certified)and went to company B (not pebble tec certified)for financial/personal reasons. I also know of dozens of plasterers that left company B and went to company A for financial/personal reasons. Just my opinion, a smart customer will check with the contractors board, BBB, customer service based reporting agencies, and visual inspection of previous work. This will produce better results than shopping by name.

o

Points duly noted. The only people that are irreplaceable are customers. That is why companies are certified, not individuals.

Scott

o

We did an owner-builder pool in 2004 (we live in the greater Sacramento, CA, area) and used Adams to do the Pebble Sheen. I was very impressed with everyone from the company. The installation crew was fantastic, the acid-wash-and-polish crew was fantastic, and we love the finish. It is very smooth, no rough spots at all. I equate the feel of Pebble Sheen to that of a basketball or football.

o

For a more rustic feel, give your pool or spa the natural beauty of a pebble-bottomed stream with a StoneScapes pool finish. An inviting selection of colors and textures allow pool owners to express their unique style. StoneScapes combines artistry with durability and comfort to create the perfect finish for any pool or spa. The recent trend toward an aggregate pool finish over pool plaster will add life to any swimming pool.

Here is a link that might be useful: StoneScapes

o

For a more rustic feel, give your pool or spa the natural beauty of a pebble-bottomed stream with a StoneScapes pool finish. An inviting selection of colors and textures allow pool owners to express their unique style. StoneScapes combines artistry with durability and comfort to create the perfect finish for any pool or spa. The recent trend toward an aggregate pool finish over pool plaster will add life to any swimming pool.

Here is a link that might be useful: StoneScapes

o

^cool copy paste from their site "thepoolexpert"

I'd echo scott and push the true Pebble Technologies products. I've chipped out brand new stonescapes to replace it with true PebbleSheen. The difference is visible and tangible by touch as well. You get what you for, and you only pay the quality once.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here