Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does the coping go over the area where gunite shell was formed?

Posted by pooldreamer_2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 17:49

I have my land survey and am taking measurements of my pool. I am trying to get the measurements documented to give to my potential pool builder. I have accounted for the easement, but I am not sure how far out to go for the shell/gunite and coping. So for example, if I have to come out 7ft from the fence line in order to honor the easement then how many more feet do I go for the gunite and 1foot coping in order to know where the water line begins? On this particular side of the pool the one foot coping and maybe an additional foot will be needed to walk around.

I apologize if my thoughts are scattered : )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does the coping go over the area where gunite shell was forme

pooldreamer,
It may depend on the type easement. Normal fence setbacks are usually measured to the waterline. Some utility easements are measured to the back of the bond beam. Allow 1' measurement from the back of the beam to the water. I've also had stipulated measurements to the actual steel placed in the pool.
Good idea to call the local building department for clarity or whoever provides the inspections.

o

golfgeek, thank you for your answer, but at the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is a bond beam? : )

o

pooldreamer,
Sorry. The bond beam is the top edge of the pool structure(gunite) and it normally measures 1' square. When PB's form the pool for excavation they allow 1' extra for the beam. i.e. 20'x40' pool is formed at 22'x42' dimension for construction purposes.

o

That was perfect...thank you, I totally get it now : )

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here