Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
20' x 28' Pool...How Many People Can It Hold?

Posted by pooldreamer_2010 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 29, 11 at 17:42

I have a choice between a 14' x 28' pool or I can widen it to 20ft. If we entertain a party of twenty, can they fit comfortably in the 14 x 28? Does the extra feet really make a difference?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 20' x 28' Pool...How Many People Can It Hold?

We can get 12 adults comfortably in our 8' round hot tub....

but wider is better for kids jumping in etc....much safer in my mind.

o

I have a 16x75 and that would be crowded with 20 swimmers from a safety point of view. 6 feet does make a difference, but I wouldn't have 20 people in the pool without a dedicated/undistracted lifeguard.

As far as displacement goes, people will displace about their weight in water and water is about 8.3lbs/gallon (pure water. Salt water would be heavier). 150 lbs/avg person weight divided by 8.3 lbs/gal x 20 people = 362 gallons displaced for 20 people. With a 14x28 pool, the water will rise 1.5" when they enter.

o

Depends on how fat the people are.

o

Depends on what size keg you have at the party IMHO.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here