Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new pool what color finish should i use.

Posted by medic84671 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 27, 12 at 17:06

PLEASE HELP

My wife desires a dark blue similar to liner pools. Our pool is being constructed

now, its 12 x 24 with added 5 x 10 sundeck and two 2 x 4 benches. Trying to

decide between Florida gem hawaiian and sgm diamond brite midnite blue.

Other threads mention organic thalo blue and inorganic cobalt blue.

Recommending products that contain only inorganic color reasoning that

organic color like thalo blue WILL fade.

Contacted both manf. and Im leaning toward the Florida gem hawaiian because

the rep. i spoke with was very knowledgeable and informative.

If anyone can post pictures of a pool with Florida gem hawaiian I would

really be thankfull.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new pool what color finish should i use.

Things to remember about water color:

The blue, by and large, comes from the sky as a reflection. Up close, color is more affected by the actual color of the finish. For example, both white plaster and gray plaster with give a blue look to the pool with the gray being somewhat more intense from a distance but will look very different when viewed at poolside.

Hue, tint, and intensity will vary. Things that will have an effect on this are time of day, surrounding environment, and what distance you are viewing from.

UV rays cause fading. UV doesn't penetrate very deeply through water. The amount of blue normally found in the mix is very small, usually. I seriously doubt any fade will be noticed but inorganic blue does resist fading better. Many pools in Florida are screened in and thus, shielded from above anyway.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here