Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pentair screenlogic 2 complaint

Posted by rockybird (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 26, 12 at 17:00

I am ranting about this system and customer support. This system was just installed less than two months ago for a new pool. The pool co. installed it on my laptop which broke a couple weeks ago. I cannot locate the file to download on their website to my new laptop. The website is not user friendly in my opinion. I downloaded what I thought was the right file (found with a google search as I could not locate it searching their website), but it says it is "nonexecutable." I decided to call their tech support. After being put on hold for 20 mins., someone answered and said I needed to speak to tech support (?). I am now on hold again for what the msg says will be "greater than 15 min wait" while waiting to their advertising. This is frustrating.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pentair screenlogic 2 complaint

Well, the tech support was very helpful and I got everything working. I still think their website is not very maneuverable. If anyone else is looking for where to download the software, it is under "pool owners" under "resources" tab at the top. You download the screenlogic2 updates. When you first run the program, you have to log on as "administrator," otherwise it will not work and will state that the file is "nonexecutable."

o
RE: pentair screenlogic 2 complaint

it's high end technology on a homeowner/user level- sorry you had trouble but it seems like Pentair stepped up and helped you right out.

Next time, hand a warranty problem over to your builder. They should be happy to save you the trouble. It's a great benefit of using a licensed contractor rather than going owner/builder.

Glad it worked out!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here