Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Central Jersey Fiberglass Pool Completed

Posted by jerseypool (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 16:31

...just in time for the rain!

The pool build was relatively easy... we really tried to think things out (with help of this forum) before signing the contract.
Ended up with a San Juan Pools Stardust model (37' x 16') that they craned over the house! We used Seasonal World in Clarksburg, NJ (who send a videographer to document the entire process, as they're putting it up on their website in a month or two).

We didn't have a large budget, but we squeezed a lot out of it. We needed a retaining wall, and we were able to afford a classy-looking wall that includes steps up to the pool. We did upgrade to stamped concrete, and were able to add waterline tile. We got the entire Jandy AquaPure chlorine generator, AquaLink RS with the PDA thrown in. We'll be finishing up with the fencing next week. Phase two, when we get a couple bucks back in our wallet, is to re-do the deck, making it larger across the back of the house, adding an octagon with steps down, and extending the concrete patio.

Problems/punch list;
-Mason needs to fit one final retaining wall cap under our deck.
-The Jandy PDA isn't showing the screen where we can adjust the chlorination level
-The Jandy PureLink is showing the dreaded 172/181 error codes which others have brought up here and elsewhere. Probably the flow sensor, which will be replaced under warranty. I'll call on this tomorrow.
-Question about the test strips the pool companies give to the new owners (I'm new with the pool, and slowly learning...) The salinity level on the AquaPure was at 3.3, which I'm told is normal, however, the test strips are showing 0 free chlorine. Pool is crystal clear, water is silky. Why would this be?

Anyways,

Here's a few pix to see what can be accomplished on a limited budget:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Central Jersey Fiberglass Pool Completed

FIxed the PDA problem where I couldn't set the chlorinator... the AquaLink RS wire was never connected in the PureLink can. Now the PDA also shows a few additional things, like the current salinity. Neat!

o

Beautiful!! Love the stamped concrete! We've had our Aloha fiberglass pool for 8 years now and love it!! It is 16 x 32. Very low maintenance and uses very few chemicals. Enjoy!!

o

I love your pool shape, very pretty! We had rain after our start up too - but it's not been too much of a drag. Hope you can enjoy it soon!!

o

Thanks... we're going through the balancing of pool chemicals... trying to get the feel for everything. Beautiful at night with the LED's on and slowly changing colors!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here