Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerseypool

Central Jersey Fiberglass Pool Completed

jerseypool
12 years ago

...just in time for the rain!

The pool build was relatively easy... we really tried to think things out (with help of this forum) before signing the contract.

Ended up with a San Juan Pools Stardust model (37' x 16') that they craned over the house! We used Seasonal World in Clarksburg, NJ (who send a videographer to document the entire process, as they're putting it up on their website in a month or two).

We didn't have a large budget, but we squeezed a lot out of it. We needed a retaining wall, and we were able to afford a classy-looking wall that includes steps up to the pool. We did upgrade to stamped concrete, and were able to add waterline tile. We got the entire Jandy AquaPure chlorine generator, AquaLink RS with the PDA thrown in. We'll be finishing up with the fencing next week. Phase two, when we get a couple bucks back in our wallet, is to re-do the deck, making it larger across the back of the house, adding an octagon with steps down, and extending the concrete patio.

Problems/punch list;

-Mason needs to fit one final retaining wall cap under our deck.

-The Jandy PDA isn't showing the screen where we can adjust the chlorination level

-The Jandy PureLink is showing the dreaded 172/181 error codes which others have brought up here and elsewhere. Probably the flow sensor, which will be replaced under warranty. I'll call on this tomorrow.

-Question about the test strips the pool companies give to the new owners (I'm new with the pool, and slowly learning...) The salinity level on the AquaPure was at 3.3, which I'm told is normal, however, the test strips are showing 0 free chlorine. Pool is crystal clear, water is silky. Why would this be?

Anyways,

Here's a few pix to see what can be accomplished on a limited budget:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)