Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nexxceleb

Cloudy water

Nexxceleb
10 years ago

So I have a problem with my pool. It's been almost a week and my pool is extremely cloudy. My father usually takes care of the pool but since I was having a party coming up and my father was too lazy to do it, I decided to take care of the pool myself. The pool was opened a month ago and no chemicals were added except shock since the pool was opened. So I knew something needed to be added so I took a water sample to my local pool store and have them help me with what my pool needed, which was basically everything.

The pool store told me I needed almost everything. They told me what to add and how much to add. They said to add a new chemical every 45 min from each other to prevent cloudiness. My filter was running the entire time. Based on the questions I was asking, they should have known I was new to this and should have told me that all the chemicals needed to be stirred in a bucket of water. All they told me was to put everything directly into the pool. So that's what I did. I even read the directions and still didn't see that it need to be diluted.

So now I need help with my stupid mistake. I put the chemicals directly into the pool without diluting it. First I added 50 lbs of calcium. Forty five min later, I added 5 lbs of pH, an hour later 8lbs of stabilizer, then the next morning 18 lbs of alkalinity. Because it started to look cloudy I added 4 gallons of liquid shock like they told me then I backwashed the pool. It was still cloudy so the next day, I backwashed the pool again like they said then added 1lb of powder shock(without diluting it) because the instructions said DO NOT ADD WATER.

Its been almost a week and the pool is still cloudy. I couldn't use the pool during the party and something fell in the pool so I had to take the net to get it out. I cannot see the bottom so I had to fish for it. That is when I noticed tons of chemicals at the bottom and moving it around made it even more cloudier. I put my robot in there and it has been picking up alot of the chemicals at the bottom but I know for sure there's more. Today I tried to take the net and pick some up but now its rough and seems like it is stuck to the pool. I just got this pool liner last summer and I know it is discolored for sure which is pretty upsetting.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to make sure I covered the basics of what actually happened. I cannot see the bottom so I am not sure how much is still down there. BTW I have a 30k gallon pool and it is 9 feet deep. I cannot drain it because it vinyl. What should I do?

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting