Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mission Pools - Stay Away!!

Posted by swift (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 08 at 15:16

Our familys personal experience -
I called into Mission Pools back in April this year to request a repair as part of my tile on the right face of my Mission Pools spa was falling off. I explained this exact sort of thing had happened some time ago (2005) on the left half of the Spa and was repaired after my initial call as a warranty issue in 2005.
Now they refuse to repair the exact same of problem under warranty on the right half of the spa and have e-mailed me an excessively high quote for repair of $5,000!
This has now become a health and Safety issue as tile is unstable and a hazard to children and adults alike and a liability to our family and Mission Pools as Mr. Dunn (Owner) and their service department are aware of the situation.
I have been down this road once before at the time of the construction with Mission Pools. The Spa needed to be completely rebuilt (jack hammered out and completely reformed) due to a poor workmanship, structural issues and irregular forming. I had to go to war with them then and apparently I do now. Bruce Dunn wont give you the time of day until you file a complaint with the California contract licensing board
Mission Pools - Stay away!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mission Pools - Stay Away!!

"Bruce Dunn wont give you the time of day until you file a complaint with the California contract licensing board "

I doubt that is the company policy. Any complaint resolved or not is on the record and nobody wants that. Are you referring to Escondido, CA?

I would agree that the after care of this company is not good. They employ a couple of seasoned techs but trying to get final resolution is next to impossible. On the commercial end, many customers just pay for their own work that normally would be warranty as it's just a lot faster and less stressful.

o

I worked for Mission Pools out of Temeccula several years ago and I find it difficult to believe that Bruce Dunn would let a "legitimate" request for a tile repair fester into a complaint with the Contractors Board. Not meaning to dismiss your claim out of hand, the repair estimate of $5,000 for a tile repair makes it seem as if there is a lot more to the story.

o

Mission Pools in Temecula has ALWAYS responded in a timely and professional manner with us and our pool is 4 years old. Just another point of view.

o

Mission Pools of Escondido constructed our family's pool and it is a messed, rust is coming through the walls of the pool, the concrete decking is cracking and eroding with rust from the rebar staining everything, the plaster is failing due to underground water seeping through the gunite shell - check out the photographs on www.youtube.com (search for Mission Pools Escondido) or follow this link, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CleJ-FeXnGs - Mission Pools exposed underground water and did not inform me of any potential problems or sought to remedy the situation during construction. The cost to repair is $30,000, and Mission Pools has fought vigorously not to be found at fault. It took the CSLB over 18 months to review my case and issue the finding. The first Field Representative was replaced, after she had issued a letter for mandatory arbitration between myself and Mission Pools. The arbitration was rescinded. Bruce Dunn has a serious reputation to protect and he will do it at all costs. Do not be taken by Mission Pools. This is not just another opinion, but a real life experience!

Here is a link that might be useful: www.youtube.com

o
We love Mission Pools!

This my family�s personal experience with Mission Pools...they where GREAT!!!
The Temecula office of Mission Pools designed and built our pool with no problems at all! And right on time.They where all very professional and the pool
is beautiful!

o
We love Mission Pools!

The Temecula office of Mission Pools designed and built our pool with no problems at all! And right on time.They where all very professional and the pool
is beautiful!

o
We love Mission Pools!

is beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here