Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rowlf914

Intex Pool Issues...Algae and pump.

rowlf914
13 years ago

Okay, I'm a first time pool owner, and I'm making mistakes...guess this is the season I learn from, and all of the rest I will enjoy....LOL

Anyway, I have an Intex Easyset 15 foot x 42 inch pool. The first issue is that I have had nothing but problems with algae this year. I've shocked twice and it keeps coming back. Today I've added an algaecide and have been cleaning the filter every hour or so. The water appears to be clearing up a bit, and as I skim the top I'm getting residue on my skimmer net so something is working. Is there anything else I should be doing for the algae problem?

My second problem...the filter pump seems to be pretty noisy, and I keep seeing air bubbles in the outlet hose. This is a 1000 GPM Krystal Klear pump. I am priming it properly, and have checked the hoses for leaks and have found none and the o-ring seals on both hoses, the top housing, and the air-purge cap are okay. I need to run the pump to help the algae problem, so is there anything else I need to look at on the pump

Comments (5)