Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pebble Fina Owners -- come in!

Posted by Tina2011 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 12:02

Do you love your Pebble Fina finish? Would you go with Pebble Fina again, given the choice? Why did you choose Pebble Fina over other products out there?

Can you post pictures? I would love to see your pools--esp if you have any of the "galaxy" colors!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pebble Fina Owners -- come in!

I would not recommend it.. I went with the pebble fina grigio. the color looks great but the finish is VERY picky and hard to get right.

unlike the other pebbletech finish, this finish is not acid washed following application. It is VERY depedent on having the perfect acidic water condition and constant brushing to get an even appearance. Even with constant brushing - unless your PB is hypervigilant about coming over immediately once the pool is filled to start the filters and add acid, the finish will end up very splotchy.

We brushed constantly for 2 weeks; 4-5x/day... Our startup is handled by someone contracted by our PB. Our finish looks really uneven right now. We are trying to get them to agree to a drain and acid wash, maybe at the end of the summer...

If I had to do it over, I would go with pebble sheen... from afar, the water looks great and sparkles beautifully... up close and in the shadows, you can see the many imperfections..

o

Pebble Fina is great if applied correctly. Installers have to undergo extensive training and oversight. For tomtnt, are you sure you received PEBBLE FINA and not a knock-off? Find out who your installer was and double check with the Pebble Tec website to see if they are an authorized applicator. There are only two in all of Houston, for instance.

o

Plaster folks are hardly extensively trained, heck they often don't speak English.

o

I have bella blue pebble fina installed by Modern Method Gunite about 6 weeks ago. It was acid washed as part of the installation. I'm happy with it.

Photobucket
Photobucket02.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here