Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plastic Adirondack Chairs - Who has 'em

Posted by gorilla_x (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 08 at 11:52

My wife wants to buy plastic Adirondack Chairs for around the pool... same style that you see in Home Depot, but Winn Dixie has them colored in Pink, Orange, Blue, etc. Cost about $22 each.

Not sure if they would look good around the pool because of the color... but in any event, I am wondering if anyone here has these plastic chairs, and if so, do they hold up over time (e.g. easy cleaning, etc), and opinions in general.

Thanks..
-Gorilla

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Progress Pics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plastic Adirondack Chairs - Who has 'em?

Here is an example...

Here is a link that might be useful: Example

o
RE: Plastic Adirondack Chairs - Who has 'em

I have a pair of them, I don't use around the pool. Ours are in the lawn area around our firepit. I've had them for years. They are dark green and have not faded, but they have been in a shaded area. I just scrub them every spring with some Softscrub, and they look good as new. IMHO I wouldn't use the bright colors around your pool. I'd go with the earthtones. You have a very classy pool, and I don't you should distract from it with such bright colors. But, that's just my opinion.

o

We use about ten of them around the pool. They work great on the baja shelf and have held up well.

o

I don't have them, but saw these on ebay:

Chaises: http://cgi.ebay.com/Polywood-Chaise-Lounge-Chair-Red-Yellow-Blue-Green_W0QQitemZ170154787347QQihZ007QQcategoryZ79684QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

Chairs: http://cgi.ebay.com/Polywood-Recycled-Adirondack-Beach-Chair-Ottoman-Set_W0QQitemZ170120769403QQihZ007QQcategoryZ79682QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

They come in several colors, and appear to be made to hold up for years. Another poster on here has the chairs (I think Tresw).

Francine

o
Polywood

Try the Polywood website for more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Polywood

o

I just bought 8 of the plastic adirondak chairs last weekend. They were such a bargain I couldn't resist. My mom has had 2 of them for several years and we use them all the time because they are so comfortable and easy to move around. Hers have held up well, easy to clean and store. My moms chairs are the beige taupe color, but I decided to try something different and got the pastel yellow and 2 sage green mini adirondaks for our 4 year old twins.
Photobucket

o

I wanted some of these too, for my sunshelf... I thought I remembered seeing ones that were lower to the ground.. but can't seem to find them now that I have a pool..lol
I think that the green or neutral would work great and plastic is an easy clean... Get wifey some chairs... or she may find ones that cost a couple hundred each !! lol

o

We've had a couple in the dark green color and they've held up well...until a PB employee sat in one and broke a few connections on the back. We still kept it around for the last 2 years anyway.

For Memorial Day, Home Depot had a special purchase of them in blue, lime green and brick red. I snatched up the brick red ones, as we have brick coping and the chairs will also match our house.

FWIW, if you're in a windy area, they can end up in the pool. 40 mph winds here (+/-) are not all that unusual, even with no storms, and the chairs will blow into the pool. For the most part, though, they stay on the deck during moderate winds.

o

We have some of the polywood furniture mentioned above. It's way more spendy then what you're asking about, but it is amazing stuff. A week ago we had a tremendous storm blow through- 70 mph winds. The furniture did not move an inch! It's hefty, solidly built and looks exactly like painted wood but without the headaches of maintaining wood. We really love it.

o

tresw - where did you get those?

We had plastic ones last year - they lasted less than 1 day. Each broke within a few minutes of being sat in. Yup - the person in them crashed to the ground. I won't buy them again.

o

Thanks for all the feedback.

I read up on the polywood after you guys posted, but they're way more than we want to spend. I am in agreement that green, or neutral, will look better then the pink/orange.

-Gorilla

o

Snookups, we got them all off of eBay from the same seller, a link to her eBay store is below. They are drop-shipped from the factory. The first order we placed during the winter got here in a week. The two we placed in spring took about 2 weeks (she said the factory gets pretty busy with orders in the spring). The material for the chairs is made of recycled soda bottles and milk jugs, so it's a nice green alternative :-) The hardware is all stainless steel too.

Gorilla X, I can certainly understand the price issue. One of the problems we have here are extreme wind conditions with some regularity, even our wrought iron patio set gets displaced sometimes! We had to rule out lighter stuff because of that.

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay polywood

o

I've done alot of research on these chairs the past few weeks as I'm looking to purchase a few myself for poolside. From reading ALOT of customer feedbacks from various site that sell this type of chair, I've learned that you get what you pay for. I didn't realize how expensive these chairs are (for good quality) until I began my research, but it seems it's worth paying the price for ones that will last years and hold up well in sun, wind, rain, etc.

I have a tremendous feeling the $18.00 chairs you are looking at won't last even a season.

o

I have found that you get what you pay for. Think you could do better waiting until on or after July 4th and find a good sale with better quality.

o

where can you find the green ones , we used to be able to find them here in lancaster,sc, now all they have are the funky colors, which we do not like.

o

Barbara Bentlon,

Ultimate Outdoor Furniture has all colors for the Polywood Chairs. We just bought some for our pool from them. See the link below for the site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Polywood Furniture

o

I love the plastic Adirondack chairs and I have the a couple of those pool side at my home. I have special one for my 7 year old kid too, he just loves it.

For your reference you can check Plastic Adirondack Chairs site as I find there are various design, tips and links given for those kind of chairs.

o

I know it's still too cold to spend any time outside but I've got spring fever so I've been looking at purchasing some Adirondack chairs for my deck. I've been looking online because the local stores don't have their deck chairs in stock yet. I've found that the interactive chart on this site offers a large selection of plastic Adirondack chairs. Amazon.com also has a big selection and they often have free shipping.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here