Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
landa_mac

ColorLogic 4.0 vs Pentair IntelliBrite - Pool Test which is best?

landa_mac
14 years ago

You see all my posts here praising Pentair's IntelliBrite light and how it is the only LED light that uses advanced lens and reflector technology.

What does this translate to in a pool???

At the request of one of my customers, I recently tested Hayward's new ColorLogic 4.0 LED Pool light and compared it to Pentair's IntelliBrite Color LED Pool light. Both lights were submerged 18" and positioned at the same angle. Both lights were held approximately 6 inches from the pool wall on a plate of wood that I constructed. Both lights were tested in their White mode where all of the Red, Green, and Blue LEDs are turned on in order to simulate white.

Here are the results:

Hayward's ColorLogic 4.0 Color LED Pool light (uses 28 LEDs and consumes 95W):

{{!gwi}}
Note that there are two dark spots. The first is very dark and is located within the first 5 feet of the light. The second is located about 10 feet out in the pool (bottom drain is about halfway between both).

Pentair's IntelliBrite Color LED Pool light (uses 32 LEDs and consumes 70W):

{{!gwi}}
Note that the dark spots are absent. Also note how the light is illuminating the pool walls to the immediate left and right of the light. There is also less glare coming off the light (more of the light is staying in the pool). Finally, note the consistency of the light's color throughout the pool. This is the result of having a lens and reflector. Pentair is using optics to maximize the light in the pool by directing it. I can't say enough good things about this light!

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!

Comments (8)