Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help needed please!! pool re-model

Posted by sbb3b (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 11:43

We've just bought a house with a pool in major need of some fast help and are looking for a company/companies to do the following.
- re-surface with a pebble finish (pebble tec vs. Wet Edge)
- add in a tanning ledge and rock waterfall
- add gunite to shallow end (it's currently over 4 1/2 ft deep and we have three small children as well as a 5ft mommy that needs a TRUE shallow end to play in
- new overlay over existing aggregate decking (approx 1500sf)

Thanks for any help and suggestions you can give!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help needed please!! pool re-model

It might help to mention where you are located.

o

We are in NW Houston. Thanks so much.

o
Help please - 25 year old vinyl liner pool light update needed

I would like to replace the non-working lights in our 24x40 L shaped inground vinyl liner pool. The lights that were in the pool at the time of construction were some of the original Sun-lites. Interested in replacing with some of the new LED lights but just not sure what to buy. The niches which seem pretty big, may not have been the niches that came with the sun-lites as they seem kind of large and as I recall, the sun-lites came out about the time our pool was under construction and the pool builder used a large stainless plate to adapt them. Sure could use some guidance to determine if any of the LEDs would fit the niches...haven't been able to find any info on the requirements for them. Thanks much! Don

o

Don, start your own thread!

o

For remodeling you could try some of these companies who all work your area.

Adams Tile and Plaster
Texsun Pools
JTK Pools
Paragon Pools

Should be able to pull there info odd internet.

o

Sorry - didnt realize I'd hijacked this thread. please excuse me. Don

o

sbb3b - pool remodel. Be prepared for the fact that a remodel of this proportion will cost you about 75 - 80% of the cost of a new pool. Having said that, you can certainly do all of the items you mentioned. With these changes, you may also want to change some of the equipment to make the pool operate more efficiently. You did not mention what you have currently. More details on your current pool would help price what you want, but rest assured your dream of remodeling is definitely doable.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here