Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinabinabobina

Pebble tec.......Sandy Beach (tan)

tinabinabobina
16 years ago

We are in the final stages of completing our pool, and the hardest decision by far is the pebble bottom. I don't want white plaster, but I love the blue color of white plaster. My husband on the other hand, wants to go with a tan, because it's the least blotchiest, and it hides allot of imperfections as well as sand (the pool is in Arizona, and it's very close to the dunes, so there is allot of sand out there). Any input is appreciated. I notices only 1 pool in the gallery with a tan based, if you have a tan based bottom, I would love to see it. Thank you! This site has helped me soooo much. Thank you to all!

Comments (11)

• gk5040
    16 years ago

I dont have a tan based, we just chose Tahoe Blue PT, it has a lot of brown, beige and black pebbles....which goes with all of my stone and tile. The water is a pretty teal blue. I liked the color of the stones in the shallow area, they looks tanish with a blue gray base. I went back and forth between Tahoe Blue and Tropical breeze. I loved the color of tropical breeze water but liked the stones in Tahoe blue. My neighbor just did one of the sand color finishes....I personally dont like it because the water color is green, not blue. Reminds me of a pool with algae.

{{!gwi}}

• fauxnecian
    16 years ago

I have heard the same as GK about the tan/sand color making the water look green. I haven't seen it on person though.

My pool is getting Stonesacpes mini in Caribbean blue (hopefully this w/e) so I will have pics soon. I chose it because it worked well with the tile I wanted. Another color I liked that is real blue was aqua blue.

I am in Phoenix, are you in Yuma? A friend of mine just moved from there.

• tinabinabobina
    Original Author
    16 years ago

GK....I love the color of your water, it's just so hard because in some pools it looks so dark. When I told my concern to our contractor, that I love the aqua blue color and I really wouldn't be getting that with the tan, he suggested to mix in blue quartz and white abalone shells in it to keep us both happy. The bluequartz will give it more blue, the abalone shells will give light and glimmer which also creates the aqua, and hubby will have his tan bottom to hide imperfections and sand. He is going to make us a few samples so we can take a look at it. It's still scary because everything looks different with depth. Hope it works out for us. Sounds like that combo would give us what we would want.

Faux...please post asap.

Tina

• gk5040
    16 years ago

What kind of imperfections are you trying to hide??? Ours is a remodel and I cant tell any imperfections in the plaster. My stairs seem a little blochy to me in that some areas you can see more blue plaster. I need to call pebble tec to see if it is something they can blend better. You can not see any debris in the pool bottom. We just had new travertine pavers installed and I know there is sand at the bottom of the pool but we can not see it. Maybe Hayward ate it up, he is our automatic cleaner. We love the color, its not too dark. I didnt know they could add abalone shells to all the colors. I bet it is very nice. Ask to see a sandy beach customers pool, if you dont want green, you will not like it. Its pretty in the shallow end and when its not filled, but add water and you have a green tinted pool....ask to see a pool similar to what you plan on getting. I did that and took my digital camera with me. Sometimes the camera doesnt capture the right color but it was sort of close, I took several angles to hope it would look similar to what I had seen in person. Chosing the color of my pool was the hardest part of the whole remodel:) I am glad its over!

• tinabinabobina
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The imperfections I am referring to is the blotchiness, my hubby is a perfectionist and things minor like so really bother him, out of all the pools we saw, the tan ones seem to not show blotchy areas. Not only that but like I mentioned in my earlier post, we have allot of sand due to the near by dunes. The pools we have seen other then tan, you can see sand on the steps or shallow areas. I will be seeing the samples with the abalone in them this week, I'll post it.

Tina

Yes we are in Yuma, I actually live in Los Angeles, it's a getaway home for us.

• gk5040
    16 years ago

Cant wait to see the pictures....hope you find the right color:)

• shauney
    16 years ago

i also have to pick my pebbletec next week but i am contracted for standard colors so my choices are somewhat limited. in looking at the color chart the pt-sandy beach looks very nice but the water color will be a greenish. i am also going with a color logic lite so i have to stay with a light finish (white pearl,white diamonds). builder likes caribbean blue but not sure how much this will hurt my lite. what are you contracted for and what kind of lites will you be using?

• gk5040
    16 years ago

Shauney, given those choices I would go with Caribbean blue, another neighbor has it and its pretty. A hair greener than Tahoe blue, same pretty stones with a lighter base. We chose Tahoe and wanted a blue pool. Another neighbor has one of the white colors and it just doesnt look like a pebble tec pool since the white stones blend into the light plaster. My opinion is pay less and go for the diamond brite if you want a white light finish. You pay more for Pebble tec, so I want to see the pebbles.

• shauney
    16 years ago

i hear you gk 5040- did your nieghbor have caribbean blue pebbletec? do they have an led lite and are they happy with it? my dilemma is that i am contracted for 1 color logic lite and for standard color pebbletec. i am concerned that going with the caribbean blue pebble will make my lite ineffective. i read that these lites show up better on plain white plaster. i will have a small pool (360sq.) so my builder thinks the color logic with the caribbean blue will be ok. i probably should have went with diamondbrite and saved some money or went with 2 lites (which may be overkill). i guess i need to find somebody who has caribbean blue pebble and a color logic lite and see if this combo works. i agree i hate to go with the white pebble although some people say it produces great water color.

• gk5040
    16 years ago

I think they are in Europe, I can email him and see if they are back. I dont know what light they have. We have a regular pool light with Tahoe blue, its fine....we really dont use the light....we shine the spot light on the new waterfall. If anything, I wish we had 2 lights on opposite ends. Our project was a remodel so adding a light wasnt an option for us. We just replaced it with the same thing that was there.

• gk5040
    16 years ago

Shauney, my neighbor responded to my email...he said he "has two colorlogic lamps (Spa & Bar Fountain) and one regular lamp in main pool he also put a blue cover over lensÂ"
    Hope that response helps.