Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solar Roller Owners

Posted by bobyoe (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 18, 11 at 11:04

After using one, are you pleased with the results? I now have cut our cover in half to get rid of the big old reel eyesore. I can take the pieces off myself, but was wondering of the solar roller really works. It certainly can't be as easy as they show in the video!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solar Roller Owners

We have a Rocky's Roller to roll 80x16 and it works fine, but the problem is that we can't find a 75x16 cover, so we have to connect two 40x16 solar covers together. The connection isn't always even, so the second cover sometimes starts to bunch. People have sat on the roller and not broken it yet, but it's not a good idea.

o
RE: Solar Roller Owners

Guess I should have been more specific. We had a reel and it worked fine, as far as a reel is concerned. The problem was the free form shape of the pool caused very uneven rolling. When we placed at the end, it was such pain we never used it. Two years ago we purchased a new clear cover and attached it in the middle. While this worked better in rolling up the cover it meant either we left the reel over the middle of the pool (really ugly) or moved it off to the side (not a one person project). So my question was referring to a product called a solar roller cover stick. I am wondering if these do work and are easier than a reel for an irregularly shaped pool.

Here is a link that might be useful: Solar Roller Cover Stick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here