Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
martakeith

Need Help with a Spa Skimmer issue

MPK 09
12 years ago

Hi everyone, when we were ironing out the details of our pool/spa build we wanted to have a raised spa, using the same equipment as the pool, but without a spillover.

Our pool builder said it was possible and designed it using a skimmer that fed to the pool. We've had some challenges.

The first is that the skimmer was originally placed too low in the spa, so the PB chipped it out and raised it up to the tile line.

In order to raise the water level to a normal depth, they put a raised pipe inside the skimmer to get the water up to mid-tile height.

When the water was added there was a horrible sucking sound when ever the pool was running. To alieviate that, the BP lowered the pipe. The sucking sound was greatly reduced but now the water level is super low.

With 2.5 ppl (my husband, me, and our four year old) in the spa, with jets running, the water is at bottom rib height and not touching the tile.

With this exception, our experience has been terrific and I'm so disappointed that this has happend!! Can anyone provide any advice on how to proceed? Do you think this can be fixed? We can't live with the sucking sound - it's CRAZY. I'd feel really jipped if we have to live with the lowered water level. Thanks in advance and I apologize for the length of this post!!!! Marta

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living