Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mil__98

Anyone use Blue Haven to build your pool?

mil__98
17 years ago

Has anyone used Blue Haven to build their pool? I have talked to several pool companies and checked them on the BBB. Every pool company has complaints against them but I really like the way Blue Haven has treated us. They have gone above and beyond thus far.

Comments (73)

• dischnell
    16 years ago

I was thinking the SAME EXACT THING! HA! Is this their attempt to regain themselves????

• msbaseball
    16 years ago

I am so sorry to admit it but I worked for this company for many years. DO NOT USE BLUE HAVEN POOLS TO BUILD YOUR POOL unless you are someone who thinks eating nails sounds like fun. Honestly, these guys could make Mother Theresa turn to heroin. If you do choose to invite this compnay into your house be sure to hide the silver, be prepared for a guy to show up with a suitcase and his pillow, and for heavens sake please remember one thing, if they are speaking they are LYING. Now in defense of the poor sales person, they are mostly used car sales men who got tired of the hours in the auto business... so they don't know any better. When Blue Haven does accidentally get a "good sales person" one who keeps the customers wants and needs in mind, one who cares for their customers and fights for them they fire them in a hurry... they can't have any of that (integrity) in their company, after all the compnay trips wont be as much fun if they have to take those "party poopers" on their year end trips.
    Some quotes from Charles Blough (VA sales manager)
    "after you sell a pool move on, forget them, it is Mrs Jones who?", " selling a pool is like a one night stand with a fat girl, nail em and move on, forget them in the morning" Now poor ole Charles is not the only sales manager who preaches this sort of thing in his meetings, he is just by far the most flagrant offender that i personally know.
    The best advise one could give you, if Blue Haven is your only option, go to home depot, buy a shovle and some bags of cement, some pvc and go at it yourself... I guarantee you that you are more qualified then anyone they will send out. If you don't do this you will be buying a shovel to dig your grave because by the end of the project you will want to hang yourself.... they will have things so turned around that you will actually believe it is YOUR fault your pool took 9 months to build, they will have you believing if you would have just made one of your payments earlier none of this would have happened, and they will have you believe that 15 x 30' free form pool is the 20 x 40' rectangle pool you purchased. above all, remeber they are going to ask for 95% of your money when your pool is about 25% complete... is that a good deal?

• skinnydipper
    16 years ago

Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. ;-) Just kiddin! I didn't use BH, and I'm finding out that is a very good thing.

• millsc
    16 years ago

I had a relative that worked for Blue Haven, and he now works for a local pool builder in Atanta (Azure Custom Pools - shameless plug!) He said Blue Haven was an awful company to work for, and he was miserable there. He seems very happy at the company he works for now, and they seem to be a very reputable firm. We had the build our pool, and they finished everything in 5 weeks. He said it could have taken 5 months or longer with Blue Haven, lol

• msbaseball
    16 years ago

Good to hear your relative got out... I have heard of Azure an they are good. Infact my brother in law who lives in Lawrenceville wanted a pool while I still worked for them, I suggested that perhaps using Blue Haven wasn't a good idea, I designed the pool, told him what it should cost and sent him to 2 local builders, Anthony & Sylvan built his pool, did a great job. So anyone in the atlanta area you are safe with Azure and Anthony & Sylvan out there...

• dpdp
    16 years ago

I used Blue Haven & I am not unhappy.

• whodini
    16 years ago

Blue Haven wanted to back out of a "signed" contract with a friend of mine because they underbid the job. My friend even tried to meet them halfway and they still did not want to do the job. Very used car salesman like company. They try to cover their trickery by being very showey on what your pool will look before its built and all this jazz.
    Don't use them!!!! Period.

• greenville
    15 years ago

We used Blue Haven out of Charlotte, NC. I'm very happy and would recommend them, especially their field manager Bill. The salesman was definitely car salesman like, but ALL the pool builders we interviewed were the same. Go with your gut, we felt like we were getting what we wanted for the price we wanted. Much better than the local custom builders. I work in the construction industry and what most people don't realize is that construction isn't as perfect and smooth 100% of the time like the average joe probably thinks. You have to go with the flow, handle any problems that arise and move forward. Building a pool is a stressful thing, but it's all worth it in the end when you see the finished product.

• barco
    15 years ago

Don't do it....
    They are the cheapest for a reason not because they have some kind of magical formula.

• busyredhed
    15 years ago

I will tell you that we are in Central California and I did not use them because of the complaints, but also because my husband is a phone man and while installing phone lines for two new homes, he heard a story from the owners...
    They both went with Blue Haven and got discounts for both signing at the same time and having their pools built with their houses. When the pools were complete, they noticed that each of them had the other homeowner's tile. Blue Haven had mixed up the tiles and swapped them for each other's. Blue Haven refused to fix the problem and left the homeowner's stuck with each other's tile. They are suing Blue Haven. They told my husband that they have had nothing but problems with their customer service and of course the tile issue.

• seascrapper
    15 years ago

I have a friend who used them. They stamped the name 'Blue Haven' into the top step of her stairs of her pool- very tacky, IMO! If you use them I'd speak to them about this- I wouldn't want that. Maybe they don't do that everywhere.

• tresw
    15 years ago

"They stamped the name 'Blue Haven' into the top step"

Oh my gosh, that is way TACKY!!! Unreal.

Blue Haven has far too many complaints against it and there are too many great pool builders out there to settle for Blue Haven. 9 out of 10 BH customers are happy, but do you want to take a chance on being the 1 out of 10? I'd much rather go with a builder that has 10 out of 10 happy customers!!

• Boby Huffard
    15 years ago

Mil 98's post is over two years old. Good chance they have already built their pool....

Let's not get that logo thing going again!
    B

• gracedunderpressure
    15 years ago

I just got an ad in today's mail from BH. I have gathered enough from this forum & elsewhere that I'm not even going to bother talking to them. However, while this may be old news for Mil 98, for those of us who are new to this mash, it's a bit of an eye opener...

• lindamarie
    15 years ago

We bought a house that has a BH pool with the BH name on the top step! The pool is down hill from the house and the driveway so all the rain water off the lawn and roof runs into the pool. It is also between 3 huge Pecan Trees!

Stupid place for a pool

• aquamanz
    15 years ago

BLUE HAVEN BUILDS 5000-6000 POOLS A YEAR , SO IF THEY HAD A
    99 % SATISFACTION RATING , THEY WOULD STILL HAVE 50-60
    UNHAPPY PEOPLE A YEAR. WONDER IF WALMART HAS ANY COMPLAINTS?, HOW ABOUT MCDONALDS?,STARBUCKS, HECK, HAVE YOU SEEN THE COMPLAINTS DISNEY GETS!, ...PUT IT INTO CONTEXT FOLKS. WHEN YOU'RE THE LARGEST AND MOST POPULAR EVERYBODY IS GONNA BE TRYING TO SHOOT YOU DOWN, ESPECIALLY YOUR COMPETITORS

• poolguynj
    15 years ago

Uhh, Is there a reason you are shouting? and why are reopening a thread what has been pretty well discussed six months ago?

• aquamanz
    15 years ago

im whispering now, its just caps lock..relax and enjoy the weather.....shh...good nite

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

Posted by lindamarie (My Page) on Wed, Jul 16, 08 at 0:26
    We bought a house that has a BH pool with the BH name on the top step! The pool is down hill from the house and the driveway so all the rain water off the lawn and roof runs into the pool. It is also between 3 huge Pecan Trees!
    Stupid place for a pool

Did you ever think thats where some stubborn customer wanted it! Poolguy I agree...

• busyredhed
    15 years ago

I can only speak regarding the Blue Haven here in Central California, Modesto area, but we didn't use them. They had an extreme abundance of complaints with the BBB. My husband works for the local phone company and he installed phone lines for some new homes. Turns out that the two homeowners had their pools done by Blue Haven at the same time. They were very unhappy with the service, especially since they told him that Blue Haven mixed up their tiles between the two houses and refused to fix the problem. They were stuck with each other's pool tiles and they were in the process of taking Blue Haven to court over it. They also told my husband that aside from the Tile issue, Blue Haven doesn't respond to any phone calls for customer service issues once they've finished building the pool and collected their money. Needless to say, I didn't even bother getting a quote from them.

• buildin19426
    15 years ago

Several people in my area used BH and all had problems, one could not get her pool plastered in the spring because BH sub contractor was stuck in Mexico.

I had the big 3 out and one custom small builder out, what a difference. There more money but I also paid more for my BMW than a chevy.

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

buildin19426,

By your zip code you appear to be in my area.... Please email the particulars of your friend/neighbor I will gladly look into the story and assist any way that I can. My plaster crew are not from Mexico, maybe there was another issue. I have to ask what small custom builder did you use? Thanks

• buildin19426
    15 years ago

topfifty,

I have now idea if you are with that company or not but you are incorrect. Your local construction office told my friend that subs were not able to get across the border.

Of the 5 BH pools in our neighborhood all had problems, some to this day never addressed.

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

As I said I would be glad to look into the problems all I need is the name(s) of the customers, or have them contact me directly. In all fairness you coming on here on their behalf is not fair to my company or them, considering BHP did not build your pool. It would be like me saying one of my friends has a BMW they hate it they have had nothing but problems. Considering I've never owned a BMW that wouldn't be a fair statement for me to make about BMW. Five pools in one neighborhood we had to do something right!! I'm anxious to hear who built your pool? What kind of experience did you have? post some pictures if you have them.

• buildin19426
    15 years ago

We have our opinion, after meeting with large companys and frachises, doing extensive research for us the only logical way to proceed was a custom builder.
    We wanted a pool that did not look like every other one in our neighborhood, the look of the entire back yard was very important to us.
    Our project with hard scaping, plantings and lighting is $100K plus and we found none of the big 3 had any vision.
    My advise if your doing anything out of the norm, do your homework.

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

I agree ... I'm curious who was the custom builder you used?

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

I think its important that the salesman has the same vision as the customer... as a salesman some people want the vision but do not want to pay for the vision...I design award winning pools, I give my customers the time and attention to make their project second to none... I have built some very high end pools in The Collegeville/ Trappe area for people that if i mentioned their name you would know. I don't think that I worked with you... and my offer stands if on helping your friend/neighbor.. Thanks

• buildin19426
    15 years ago

No Thank you,

your problem is if your tied to one of the big three with an A B C in your name you cannot deliver. If you with the one that starts with an A or B I have visited and talked to over of your pools and I am sorry, just not up to par.

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

Right.... It honestly seems your going to keep trying to drill your point home.... you can believe what ever you want... It's America. ...There are two companies in your area that build a very good pool.... because of your budget total I can say that you didn't build with either one ...you didn't spend enough. I have a funny feeling who built your pool. The good news is he worked for us... and has a BHP Pool in his own yard.... The product they put out.... just not not up to par... ;)

• Rack Etear
    15 years ago

"Five pools in one neighborhood we had to do something right!! "

I a large pool market not really. I have seen many companies I would consider hacks build multiple pools in the same area. The work I would consider passable, but "not up to par".

$100K in this market is not really all that high end. With hardscapes all in that seems to be the norm.

• ncrealestateguy
    15 years ago

My zipcode is 28027!!!

WOOOHOOO!

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

Racket I appreciate your .02... I think?

• jobformanforyears
    15 years ago

Dear Buildin

I have in the past been a job forman for 2 of the local big three. One uses subs on 2/3 of the pool and the other uses all subs. The problem is when they are trying to do the volumn they need no one is checking anyones work.
    The other problem is that the large companies have burnt thru the best craftsman over the years with un fare chargebacks that the best refuse to work for the big companys.
    If I was building a new pool today I would use a custom builder that has a good reputation for customer satisfaction. There are so many places a large company or their subs without their knowledge can cut corners that you will never know about. As a job forman I was to a job on the day of the dig to collect the check, never to return in 95% of the jobs. Who was checking anyones work.

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

What companies did you work for and when?

• jobformanforyears
    15 years ago

If you have been in the business longer than 5 min. you would know who, what blog am I on again???

I have photos that would blow your mind. Buyer beware....

• poolguynj
    15 years ago

Would I know you or who you are? I've been servicing pools in central NJ for a number of years.

Scott

• one2love
    15 years ago

If you are around the Central or North Dallas area you should use Natural Stone Pools. They are a small award winning company who have been featured on t.v., in magazines, and the such. They are all about custom, no two pools are the same! They are absolutely amazing, courteous, and can do anything for you - swimming pools, renovations, and complete outdoor environments with artistic passion. I hope you are around that area so you can use them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Natural Stone Pools

• devildog1989
    15 years ago

One to love sounds like a spammer, but it looks like he puts out a decent product. Better than what I've seen come out of Texas before.

• topfiftybuilder
    15 years ago

If you have been in the business longer than 5 min. you would know who, what blog am I on again???
    I have photos that would blow your mind. Buyer beware....

My feeling is if you where that good you would still be gainfully employed in the industry... sounds like whoever you where with cut the dead weight and you have an axe to grind... IMO..If you worked for my company and your not still with us there is a good reason... This thread was started by someone who used BHP and was having a good experience as do many people...

• wvgirl-2009
    15 years ago

We DID use BHP to build our pool-what a hassle!!! A contract that was signed in August and was supposed to take 45-90 days was not completed until the following May. They did not even begin at all until December.
    Right off the bat, contractors showed up demanding "extra" fees for digging the hole, and would not dig until we paid. Construction took forever. There was always an excuse as to why contractors were working "somewhere else today". It was hard to get anyone to talk to us at all, after a while. This manager was replaced, this one quit, whatever. Left trash everywhere, including pool setup parts, which were tossed in the yard underneath my kids swingset, and luckily found by the pool guy who came to do start/set up. Could not get them to set up a final inspection so we could finally swim. Gave up the weekend of Memorial Day and just jumped in. Someone called almost a YEAR later to "set up an appointment for your final inspection". I laughed at her and hung up. At least we don't have a BHP stamp on our top step, LOL. I would not recommend this company to anyone.
    P.S. We used the VA office.

• conall
    15 years ago

I have read complaint after complaint on pool companies. Just look at any of the complaints sites. Yes, building so many pools can mean that you are going to get complaints. But, what are those complaints saying. Are they the same, one after another? Most of them are customer satisfaction or communication based. Just because they are attentive to you when they want you to buy a pool doesn't mean they will be once they have your money. Protect yourself and do your homework. Here's a good place to start...

http://buyingaswimmingpool.blogspot.com

Here is a link that might be useful: How to survive buying and building a swimming pool

• poolguynj
    15 years ago

The poster is a blogger trying to bring traffic to his blog instead of posting what could be a good topic for the board. Just bring it here n this forum in a new thread.

• conall
    15 years ago

I thought my posting was relevant to the topic.

• Not_Blue_Haven_gmail_com
    13 years ago

HHhahhahahaha Well I'm a life timer in the pool business and know of the person who runs one in PA. Stay away from them at all costs. Sad to say that this business has turned horrible and all are out to just do the numbers. You mean nothing to them (which is why I can't sell anylonger) so your best bet from a professional is to go to the smaller company where your business means something to them. Take the advice or leave it but it's a lot of $ you're dealing with and your choice to give it to someone who shmoozes you and doesn't care or someone who really does want your business that does care. Do your homework and all research. For those in PA just listen to me..stay away from them. A very greedy person owns the company and guaranteed you will have problems..Best of luck in your decision.. A pool is the best vacation you can own :)

• tb87
    10 years ago

Any new information on them? I see mixed reviews on them and can't tell if the reviews are true or just the competitors. I'm in OKC btw if anyone has done business with them. I sure would appreciate the input.

• leenamark
    10 years ago

Thanks for your feedback. This will definitely help you all on deciding the construction company for your pool. I read few of their reviews, got a mixed response.

• jmiller8646
    7 years ago

To whom it may concern,

I am writing this letter to bring to the attention of Blue Haven pools issues in which I have concern and experiences I have had in the dealings of. I recently contracted Blue Haven Pools of 7575 N. Loop 1604 West, San Antonio, TX 78249 on the 30th of June 2016 to fulfill the dream my family and I had of being pool owners. Our sales person was Mr. Peter Herrera. Mr. Herrera remained helpful, knowledgeable, professional, and courteous throughout our entire experience. He was able to help my wife and I find a pool within our budget and went the extra mile when it came to dealing with our local neighborhood HOA. Unfortunately, this red carpet treatment was short lived.

Mr. Herrera knew of our dilemma to have approval from our HOA before we could start building. Although we also were anxious to have ground breaking, it was of some importance to us as a family to abide by the rules of the HOA, no matter how ridiculous they were, in order to keep from getting fines. Upon meeting the superintendent, George, we signed the necessary forms in regards to pool layout and excavation. We were told at this signing of certain and possible damage that may occur, but with that, were assured that every possible effort would be made to minimize damage such as cutting and capping sprinkler lines. This sounded fair to my wife and I and we planned to have a sprinkler service come in and mark the lines while we waited for HOA approval on the job. This plan was relayed to the superintendent.

However, seven days after the pool layout and excavation checklist and acceptance was signed, on July 15th, heavy equipment showed up for excavation early in the morning. The super was not called and told that the job had been approved as well as the fact that I was not able to have my sprinkler service come out for another two days. Due to feeling pressured and not wanting to inconvenience Blue Haven, which now had a large back hoe on a diesel in front of my house, I gave the go ahead for excavation to begin. I was never informed the excavation would start this day or even that equipment was on its way to my house. As a customer I was left in the dark having to make split second decisions.

At the beginning of the job, everything seemed to go smooth. However, upon ground breaking, my sprinklers were uprooted as I had expected, but there was no stopping to cut and cap the sprinkler lines. They were tore up like the rest of the ground which I am sure has caused problems throughout the entire system now. One resonating fact though that began to play a large inconvenience, was the lack of communication by the superintendent to notify us when workers were going to be at our house. Although there is an understanding that this was Blue Haven’s job site, it seemed the relevance of this being my family’s home was overlooked or better yet dismissed. Often we were told someone would be doing something at our house on a certain day, and we would move our schedule to accommodate, only to have them not show. In retrospect, people would show without the respect of announcement or notification, unidentified as Blue Haven employees or sub-contractors thereof, leaving us at the inconvenience of being completely in the dark as to who was walking around in our backyard. And yes on one occasion someone who was not part of the job was walking around in our backyard staring at the pool construction in curiosity, seeing there was a plastic fence as the only deterrent.

During these different work crews time spent at our house, it was not uncommon to see the workers walk behind my shed and urinate. This was not just one crew, but almost all of them. Blue Haven did not install any kind of portable restroom for their employees or their subcontractors, and my backyard became their urinal. This occurred not 5 feet away from where I grow my vegetables that my family and I do consume. This was unacceptable behavior. Another reoccurring theme seemed to be the use of my personal hose by various work crews. Even though I really didn’t have a problem with it at first, the disconnection of my hose set up followed by missing washers from the attachments soon began to upset the process of my day to day life. Beyond this lack of respect, the hose was often left unspooled with dirt and debris clinging to it. Something, I once again had to shoulder the task of cleaning up.

At one point, construction came to a halt for a little over a week. We were not notified of this. Upon inquisition, we were told that the filter we had purchased in our contract was on back order and work was halted till it could come in. Although it is not my place to tell anyone how to run their business, it would seem logical only to sell something that you possess, a practice that seems well under the standards of professionalism. Instead a compromise was reached in order to keep the work going, so that a smaller cheaper filter would be installed, and when the other arrived, it would be replaced. We agreed to this. However, once the paid for part came in, it was installed with a broken handle / ring around it. Kind of like buying a new car with a flat tire.

Once the gunite was put in, my wife and I shouldered the responsibility of cleaning the back walls of our house. Although some form of make shift wall was put up, a fine mist of cement coated our windows and the entire back side of the house. I spent nearly two hours removing this cement and washing my windows and screens. Once the plaster was put in, a whole other slew of problems began.

We were amazed that in an approximate 3 hour time frame, a crew had entered our backyard and completed the plastering of our pool. My family and I had left to somewhere, and when we returned, our pool was plastered and the hose was already filling it. Never did we see or hear from the plasterers. We were impressed. However, this two was short lived. Upon the pool filling, as per the instruction of George the superintendent, I began noticing discoloration. George’s response was that the pool needed to be brushed a minimal of 2 times per day for the next 10 days while the plaster cured. THIS IS SOMETHING I DID RELIGIOUSLY!!! However, some of the areas did not seem to be affected. I continued to contact George and make him aware that the discoloration was not going away to which I was told to continue brushing it two times a day. Although I informed him that I had been brushing it two times a day, it seemed I was dismissed with disbelief. After George giving us the okay to swim in the pool, my neighbor’s children and my own began playing in the pool. When they emerged after approximately 1.5 hours, all had raw bleeding toes. I contacted Blue Haven again to discuss my concerns. I continued to complain and even took pictures and sent then to Mr. Herrera. Once Mr. Herrera was notified, a service tech was scheduled to come out to fix the issue. Although the tech speculated as to what was wrong and the issue was not fixed, I was offered a “pool school” sheet to sign in which I would assume liability and responsibility of the pools chemistry. I refused to sign it on the basis that this seemed like a ploy to shift responsibility to me the customer as opposed to fixing the problem. It did not get fixed, and communication began to crumble between the construction, sales, and service departments of Blue Haven. I was being told several things, all of which were different, and chaos ensued in which the problem was never fixed and fingers seemed to be pointed every direction within the Blue Haven Company.

Beyond this, the cleanup had been ordered. The crew showed up and worked, however, rain debilitated their finishing of the job. This sat unfinished for another week with piles of dirt in my yard.

On Wednesday the 31st of August, Hervey, the owner of the plaster company came out and I was told this was due to the water and chemistry. I was informed that the proper steps to maintain the chemistry during the curing process were not adhered to and I could brush the pool all day without it changing anything. He recommended that Blue Haven add 4 gallons of Muriatic Acid to the pool. In essence, I was wasting my time brushing the pool twice a day with no acid to dissolve the calcium build up. I contacted Blue Haven and let them know of the plaster’s recommendation to add four gallons of Muriatic Acid to the pool. I was contacted by a tech who I explained the circumstances to, although he does not recall this conversation, and was told that either Thursday or Friday the acid would be added.

At this point, I had a prearranged business trip to attend to in which I left my wife to oversee matters at our house. I made her aware of the plans to add acid and instructed her to contact Blue Haven if she and the children must use the pool. On Labor Day weekend, my wife took a water sample to Leslie Pools to have it inspected. Leslie Pools said the PH balance was way off and that acid needed to be added. My wife contacted George to know if it was safe for the children to swim and to tell him of the recommendation of Leslie Pools. He told my wife first that he was on vacation, second that his guys had already added the acid, and third that it was safe for the children to play. Anything else was to be directed to the office. Due to this, my wife decided against letting the children in the pool.

Upon my return, I was a bit upset to find no acid had been added to the pool. A crew had shown up, unexpectedly again to finish the clean-up, while I was gone. My wife reported she had awoke to find unidentified persons in my back yard working. Although, these were sub-contractors of Blue Haven, my wife was eerily surprised to find several unknown men in our yard while she was alone with our 3 small girls. I contacted John, head of construction, immediately upon learning of these events, I informed him I no longer wanted anyone stepping in my yard without my consent. I felt my patience with unprofessionalism was way beyond its extent. When I returned home, I was further displeased to see that the clean-up done had left various rocks, trash, and other debris within my yard a good 10-13 feet away from the pool coping. This was something not there prior. I once again got to experience first-hand the lack of work ethics as I mowed my lawn and thin wiring that was left in my yard tangled in the blade of my mower causing it to ruin.

A tech did come out and remove two of the spots I was concerned of that were raised and of different texture the Wednesday after my return.

On the 9th of September, I signed the certificate of completion. I did not sign it because my wife and I are happy customers. I did not sign it because the plaster finish in my pool is beautiful. I did not sign it because the job was completed competently or with finesse. I signed because the job was done. With a discolored finish. With trash in my yard. With rocks I now have to pick up and pay to have removed. With piles of dirt not even leveled out. I signed it because it was better to wash my hands of our dream turned nightmare, rather than to have our voices fall on deaf ears and excuses.

• PRO
    Iconic Design
    7 years ago

As a Pro in the
    Pool industry I am sorry that you had to endure this. I will start by
    saying that building a pool is major construction and your yard will look
    like a war zone before it gets to the dream.
    Contractors and Subcontractors often times fail to realize that this is
    where the customer lives and we just work here.
    I started my career as a pool digger so I have been a Sub and I always tried
    my best to remember this when I was working in someone else’s yard. A national brand pool company, I have found, is the
    best at “Selling” the dream but are lacking when it comes to execution. They spend more money training their Sales people than they spend on experienced and skillful project managers. It’s
    the nature of their business model.
    Sales folks come in and make all the promises to get you to sign a
    contract and then hand it off to a construction dept. that has one goal…..Finish
    the project. Rinse and repeat. I have even heard one national company’s tag
    line as “They forget when they are wet”, meaning that all the unprofessional
    treatment to the client will be overturned when they are finally able to use
    their new pool. It sounds like you have not forgotten. My question to you now that it is all over
    with and hind sight being 20/20 , knowing what you know now, would you have
    gone back and awarded the contract to that second company that was just say
    $5,000 more ? I run into this quite
    often in sales. “ We love your design
    BUT the other company is $5k less”. I
    hope that others read this and understand how a national company can be $5k
    less. Think of it this way… We all get hungry and we all want fed. You can get your belly full at McDonalds but
    the only Fillet they have at the Golden Arches is a Fillet O Fish.

• Alaine Edgar
    6 years ago

Do not use these people.