Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Infinity Edge pool construction - The Happy Ending

Posted by birdbath (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 23, 08 at 9:49

Good morning pool forum friends,

THE PEBBLESHEEN TRUCK IS HERE!
I think I'm going to faint. We are actually doing the Pebblesheen today - this is so hard to believe. It will be one year this Friday since we signed the original contract. I am SO EXCITED, this is like Christmas :). They had called late Friday saying the Pebblesheen for today was canceled due to some problems with the height of the shotcrete on the Infinity Edge (you can imagine how well this went over with us). After much discussion, my husband and I were able to do the work ourselves on Saturday and keep the Pebblesheen schedule for today. All is well again.
Here's my first pictures for the day -
Getting ready for Pebblesheen

Prepping the spa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Infinity Edge pool construction - The Happy Ending

birdbath -
I'm excited for you. With all you've been through, I can't imagine how happy/relieved/delighted you must be at this point in the process. Hope all goes well - your pool is awesome.

o

Bird....so happy for you. Cant wait to see it filled with water!!!

o

Wonderful news! You must be in shock! This day seemed like it would never come. Enjoy and keep posting pics.
Judy

o

Wishing you an uneventful day. In other words, just enough events to get your pool beautifully pebbled without further ado.

You've had enough ado. :-)

o

FANTASTIC!!! to Quote Frodo in the LOTR...."its finished....its finally done!" Get us some pics soon, relish the day!
Your friend in MA

o

Birdbath,

That is so great! You certainly deserve a happy ending. Can't wait to see your pool filled with water.

momof3littleboys

o

Welcome to the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to see those hoses pumping. Be sure and update, we'll be watching.

o

Excellent news, it's going to be great to finally see your pool with water in it!! I guess they'll acid wash tomorrow, so are you going to be filling on Wednesday? Exciting!!

o

Thanks for your positive messages!

It's 9:00 a.m. and they've been prepping for 3 1/2 hours. I just gave everyone doughnuts :) to keep them going. Sugar highs can be a good thing sometimes.
Everyone is concerned about our well water keeping up today. We did have our well pump serviced a few days ago to make sure it would be able to keep up with the water demand. We also contacted the state to determine the watersource we are tapped into. They feel we should be OK. We have a backup hose running to our neighbors just in case we have problems.
There are 12 guys here right now, and they're getting ready to apply the COLOR. Please Lord, anything but "Gunite Gray". :)
It's already over 100 degrees outside, the forecast is calling for 112 today!
Here's some more pics...
Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Here comes the Ocean Blue!

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Congrats congrats congrats!!!

I took my first swim yesterday at 7am! So glad to see your's and mine :) wrap up!!!!

o

yay, natural-one!
I'll look for your posted pics......:)

cdavmd- I'm trying to get some close up pictures for you. I think our colors match! Can't wait to see the water in yours today!

Here's the latest pictures (sorry if I'm posting too many, just so EXCITED to share). I'll post again when they're all done today.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

BB after all you have been through I don't think anyone would say you are posting too much, enjoy today and keep posting. Your pool will be gorgeous. Barb in Vegas

o

I am SO happy for you! You really deserve this! Please keep posting the photos... I think I can speak for us all when I say that we want to see you have a happy ending!

I can't wait to see water!

o

After seeing the above pics of all the Pebble Tech guys working in your pool, it made me realize JUST HOW *BIG* IT IS! It's YOOGE!

You could fit a lot of bodies in there. LOL. How big is it anyway? Gallons? Perimeter?

o

Hi banana!

Well, best guess estimates are around 31,000 gallons. It really didn't look that big on paper when I drew it :). The main pool perimeter is 123', the sunshelf is 47', and the spa perimeter is 28'.
The backwall of the Infinity Edge is 60'.
I think it's a good thing we're on well water. I really wouldn't want to see the water bills from this thing. Of course, the electric might be another story!
We are going to put this whole thing on solar, probably within the next year. We get a lot of sun out here, and the area behind and below the Infinity Edge is a great location for panels. After our first electric bill, we may speed up the solar process - ha!

o

I am so excited for you with all the trouble you have been through. Can't wait to see it all done. Congrats.

o

So AWESOME to see this, you must be floating right now. You are right our colors look so close, thanks for that close up, almost identical to ours. Wait till you see the acid wash tomorrow, so cool you just watch it all bubble off and leave behind the gorgeous rich stones. Watch them do it your going to love it. Ours is about 2/3 filled, one more water truck on the way...I am still at work...can't wait to get home.

Looking forward to your pics tomorrow.

o

Woohoo!!! Congrats, how nice to finally see it wrapping up! Time to plan that first pool party :-)

o

I've been looking forward to your finish too, congrats and I can't wait to see water in your pool!!!!!

o

If anyone deserves a nice cool relaxing swim, it's YOU! Congrats! Glad to see your troubles ending!
Keep posting pics- we love seeing them.

o

It's done!! They just left after 12 hours of Pebblesheening! Unbelievable. The well held out and now we are staring at our totally transformed pool. I still can't believe it. We are on the schedule first thing tomorrow morning for acid wash, as we have to use water trucks for filling the pool. It may take two days to fill it, it depends on where the water trucks get their water. It may be up to three hours in between loads of 3500 gallons. I'll take what I can get, along with using our hose. The Pebblesheen has turned a powder blue color, although every time they hit it with water, it turned very dark bluish gray. I'm going to post these pics for anyone who may be considering Ocean Blue Pebblesheen in the future (those pics are HARD to find online). The Pebblesheen guys said that this particular color of Pebblesheen looks drastically different after acid wash because it is a darker shade. We can't wait to see it with water!
Now, I am patiently waiting for cdavmd and natural_one to post their water pictures :)! It maxed out at 112 degrees up here today, so we are definitely ready to swim. I'll post pics again tomorrow with WATER :). I'm going to go drink a Corona by my Pebblesheen pool. Thanks again for your encouragement! So much to be thankful for tonight......

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Amazing!! Its identical.....just like you said....it turns a light powder blue when dry. Thats how mine was this morning...i got worried...it looked more like blue aqua....then they acid washed and WOW....wait till you see your acid wash tomorrow, suddenly a dark gray-black stoney look. I am so happy for you.....what a truly amazing pool....and wait till tomorrow.....its going to blow your mind when you see it filled. Hmmm I guess I better post some pics on my thread. ;)

o

I bet those two words - it's done - are the most wonderful words you've ever typed.

o

BB,
Finally your Geckos will have some water to drink!
Your pool is gorgeous.
Is there any way to take a pic that encompasses the entire pool?
The folks on this forum are going to have withdrawls after you are gone. It has been an exciting journey for all of us to watch and learn.
The fact that you were so open and honest with your posts is going to help out so many other people that run across your thread.

o

cdavmd - Glad to hear the darker color comes back after acid wash, although I can honestly say I'm just relieved to have color - ANY COLOR besides shotcrete :). I keep running outside to look at it with a flashlight. So lame, I know. I posted on your thread, please stay on this forum for awhile!

smb - You're so very right. I have wanted to type those words for ever so long. I can't count the number of times I've wished I could post with Pebblesheen pics. Although I've been thrilled for everyone on here that gets to the WATER stage, really I have, it's so nice to finally be able to post something besides the usual "well, they installed two tiles today - here's the pics" lol. Thanks for putting up with my slower than a snail progress for so long. It has helped so much!

ncrealestateguy- It was YOUR honesty that helped us so much when our PB took a nosedive. Thanks again for the invaluable advice and guidance. It has been a long and tough road, but definitely eye-opening. If someone else can get some help from reading the old threads on the pool, it would make the whole process easier to bear. I hope that all future posters have nothing but great experiences with their PB, but guess history shows that a few will find themselves at the mercy of some unscrupulous PB. Thankfully, there are more happy endings than not.
Oh, and you can't get rid of me that easily :). I still have WATER to put in, landscaping to do, an entire BBQ kitchen to finish, and the firepit below the pool. I'll be around for awhile - hope you are, too!
As far as pics go that show the whole pool, well I just went out and tried to get the whole pool in. Tomorrow we'll get out the ladder and take some pics from a little higher ground. Here's the best I could get tonight.....

This picture is taken from the furthest point on the left side of the patio -
Photobucket

This picture is taken from the far right side of the patio. It's getting dark, but you can start to see the city lights coming on in the background. I'll get some better pics for you tomorrow.
Photobucket

o

Fantastic! The pool looks really great even before the acid wash. It looks like they did an excellent job on the plaster. Congrats, can't wait to see water in it! Now you need to get a big, nasty dog in case that a-hole PB comes by to take pictures of it for his portfolio 8^0

o

Your pool is beautiful. One whole year?? Are you in Arizona? I had a nightmare pool out there that took 7 months and they told me it would take 8 weeks. The company was horrible.
Question. Could you/would you mind posting a photo of the side where the infinity edge meets the ground? I am placing another post about my issues so I don't hijack yours. Thanks.

o

I found your thread just a few weeks ago and I am thrilled for you. If I feel this much excitement for you, I can only imagine your euphora after a year.
Your pebblesheen looks G-R-E-A-T.

Do not, I repeat, Do Not stop posting photos. Never too many! Your pool is easy on the eyes (understatement) and it has been some ride watching and reading the progress.

All the best for the rest of the project.

o

I'm bummed....

I woke up this morning and first thing I did was log on to see if there were any pics of your acid washing yet.

Then I realized your time zone is 3 hours behind mine. Bummer. LOL

Obsess much??? ;-p

o

tresw- lol! You know, I've often wondered if the ex PB would try to come back and take pictures. We have gates around our yard, though, that are locked and one incredibly nosey neighbor!He'll let us know right away if anyone is lurking around :). We ended up signing with Pacific Pools to get the interior done. They were able to get us a better deal than if we completed it as a homeowner. They were also able to deal with Cal Plaster - the best plaster company out here. So, this pool will end up being a "remodel" for Pacific, even though it's a last minute deal. They said they might use it for pics - we'll see.

Hi krislrob- yes, we're in Arizona. Our property is in the southwest side of the city, in the Estrella Mountains. I wonder if you had the same pool company as we did?! I'll be happy to post some pics for you of the Infinity Edge. I'll get some shots for you today when I'm out :). The back wall isn't too pretty yet - we needed to wait for thoroseal and plaster to be done in the trough before we could stucco the outside wall and paint it. We'll probably schedule that wall for next week.

zookeeper - hello :). Thanks for the kind words and happy thoughts. It has been such a long road for us, and now the end is so close! I'll keep posting pics for a while - there is still a lot of work to do on our patio and landscaping. Actually, when the pool is filled, I might be obsessive about pics! HAHA - a whole year with dust and concrete and soon - WATER!! The urge to share every angle of WATER in the pool will make me camera crazy. Hope everyone will humor me and play along!

Good morning, banana :)! You make me laugh - I know JUST how you feel. I woke up this morning and ran to the window to make sure someone hadn't scraped the Pebblesheen off or something. Now I'm impatiently waiting for the acid wash crew to show up.......don't they know how long we've waited for this pool to get done?! How can they possibly drink a cup of coffee while we wait? lol, these poor guys have no idea what they're in for when they get here. I'll ply them with food and drinks and shouts of "WHOO HOO!". They're my favorite people today. Well, actually, the water truck driver will be my favorite :). I'll post some pics just as soon as they get here. tic....toc....tic...toc

o

The acid wash crew (OK, two guys) showed up and I can't believe the difference already! Everyone was right, it changes the look dramatically. I have to laugh, usually I wait weeks or months before I can post a pic - now the pool is changing so fast I'm torn between staring at the pool and racing inside to share with all of you! Here's some pics of what they're doing right now...

In this picture, you can see the difference in color between the big pool that they're working on and the sunshelf.
Photobucket

Here they are sanding the Infinity Edge...
Photobucket

This is a close-up of the Ocean Blue pebbles after acid wash(what do you think, cdavmd - do our pools look alike?)
Photobucket

We're getting close to WATER :)!!

o

That's going to be one gorgeous pool!

o

Wow! That is a huge difference before and after the acid wash!

o

Awesome....I told you it was a dramatic change ;)
Well I just went back to my post from last night with the pic of my baja step under water and compared it to your close up. Pretty close....not exact...yours has more little blue stones, but I dont think it makes a huge difference in the end. When the water goes in, they never look exact anyways since the surroundings, lighting, shade, clouds, persons mood ;) all affect how it looks.

Hurry and post the water trucks later....can't wait to see.

o

YEAAAHHHH!!!
I was so excited also all day saturday waiting for the acid wash guy to show up. It is truly awesome watching it turn colors into the real color.
I'll post some pictures tonight or tomorrow.
Congrats again bb!

o

All I can say is WOW. I cant wait to see it fill, and we want pictures from every angle:) I never noticed all the rock formations you had...it truly is an amazing pool. START FILLING so we can see more:)

o

Somebody PINCH me, quick!! WATER is here!
I feel like Helen Keller running around - "W-A-T-E-R, WATER!! I get it, I know what this means!" (no disrespect to Helen, she's one of my personal heros :)).
The first load from the water truck just left, and we're trying to fill up with our hose and our neighbors (God bless him) as fast as we can. Here's the very first pics. The color is really beautiful in the sunlight, lots and lots of sparkle.
My anxious kids!
Photobucket

The spa starting to fill..
Photobucket

W-A-T-E-R
Photobucket

o

LOL! I am so happy for you. You have patiently waited for perfection. It is divine!

Francine

o

Yay!!!!!!!!

The color looks awesome already! I can't wait to see it full!

o

The color is beautiful and can't blame the kids, they have been waiting a long time.

o

I'm an official Birdbathaholic!!! I have been faithfully following your story (my husband thinks I'm border line obssesive about it), and could not be happier for you & your family :)... It's really coming together and looking GREAT!! Keep the pictures coming...I need my birdbath fix ;)

o

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

The pebblesheen really compliments the blue geko ;)
The more I see this little guy, the more I think I need a mosaic. Did you cut your own tiles or buy them? You might need to start a thread "How to Mosaic" for us copycats.

o

I think she may have dropped her camera in the water, due to the excitement.

o

Ok, so SORRY! I cannot pull myself away from the WATER - WATER! It's 112 again today and couldn't resist just plunking my buns down smack in the middle of it. I'm going to be sitting out there all night, I can just see the headlines tomorrow " 45 year old pulled from pool a shriveled mess". It's going to get ugly :). OK, the water trucks have been here, but it is an agonizingly slow process. Three hours round trip between loads. AAAAAAUGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH. The driver will go until he drops, about 9 p.m. tonight. That means that the final load will come tomorrow morning. How much more can a birdbath take??????? Tomorrow morning? OK, so we'll have to wait to see the Infinity Edge. Sigh. In the meantime, we're still siphoning water from our well and the neighbors. We are SO going to owe him "Hey, can I borrow a cup of sugar and 10,000 gallons of water?". Gotta love it. Here's the latest pics. I've GOT to get back outside. By the way, this color is great - even with all of the major gooky coming out of the pipes from sitting for a year. Can't wait to see it after it clears up. Jerseymom - You crack me up! So sorry it took me a while to post....it's just the Coronas, and the sun, and the beautiful
W-A-T-E-R. This whole process would just be so much simpler if all of you could just join me at the Blue Gecko bar and grill tonight!! I would love to have all of you here. We are having an impromptu party. Come on over! Oh.... and bring water..........

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

BB, BB, BB!
You did it! You have the nicest looking pool that I have ever seen! I just love the real rocks. The color is sweet, and so is your setting.
More Pics!

o

LOLOLOL!!!!! I figured Birdbath was taking a bird bath! Can't say I'd blame you --- 112 degres? Ouchie! Enjoy!

o

birdbath,

Your pool looks so beautiful. The water color is amazing. Please post some pics of your family enjoying it. That will really show a happy ending to your long story.

Your pool design is amazing. I can;t get over the level of detail. I have been trying to figure out the layout for quite a while. The pics you posted today with water definitely helped. I'm looking forward to seeing your next phases.

o

I just got home from work...and came straight to this site to finally see water in that long awaited pool. Congrats!! It looks so awesome, you definitely have the coolest, most unique pool I have ever seen. Your color looks great, but wait a few days you will see....I bet that water feels great...I remember those 112 degree days in Phoenix. How cold is the water that gets trucked in...ours here in MA arrived at 62 degrees. Well I understand you wanting to just sit and enjoy it. When you come up for air give us more pics. Enjoy my friend-you deserve it.

o

I absolutely love your water color! I can't wait to see it all running!

o

I don't know who you are, but you've got a lot of nerve coming here and posting your filling pool pics in Birdbath's thread!! How dare you! Oh wait, that IS Birdbath's pool filling with water???? :-)

o

ok...no sign her today....I think she was serious about sitting in there until she shriveled up. Anyone check the headlines yet? ....or local ER.

o

lol!lol! Hello! :)
A piece of advice to new pool owners -

YOU WILL BE TEMPTED TO PARTY UNTIL THE WEE HOURS OF THE NIGHT AFTER YOUR POOL IS COMPLETE. DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SUCCUMB TO THIS TEMPTATION. :)

I'm finally alive again and the pool is FULL!! WHOO HOO! I climbed up a ladder (not easy today for a variety of reasons :)) to take these pics for all of you. We had to get all of the pumps running, my husband couldn't stand to wait for the plumber tomorrow. I, personally, would have just been content to sit in a dark, cool corner nursing my head with an aspirin and water :). We really love the Ocean Blue color. Earlier this morning it looked like a mirror out there, now the sun is directly overhead and it looks like a deep, clear blue. I wish all of you could come over and join us!

Here's the pic from the top step of the ladder...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My son enjoying the Infinity Edge......
Photobucket

This is the view standing down inside the BBQ kitchen....
Photobucket

Photobucket

o

I am uh....speechless.....absolutely spectacular. What an amazing pool. It really turned out gorgeous. Definitely should be on the cover of Luxury pool magazine.

Enjoy....sounds like you need a bloody mary....;)

o

OMG!
That is just outstanding!! I have never seen anything like it. Breathtaking.

o

Your pool is GORGEOUS!!!!

I've been reading along with your saga for the last couple weeks (catching up) - and I know it has been a LONG haul for you! This must feel incredible! Luckily the water helps soak away the angst of the pool building process (at least it did for me, hopefully it will for you as well).

o

BB It is absolutely phenomenal !!!! I checked this morning and when I didn't see you post, I was hoping all was ok. Glad to hear its just a hangover, that will pass as you enjoy that gorgeous pool. I have seen many here in Vegas and that design on your site is perfect. Enjoy and go get that contractor's board to move their butts........ they owe you ! Barb

o

I am so happy for you! That is by far, one of, if not the prettiest pools I've ever seen! It was always difficult for me to tell what was what, but now that it's full I can easily see what you were describing.

Simply breathtaking! I think some hair of the dog is in order! And if you don't want to drink it, I have a lot of the real thing I can send you!

o

It all looks awesome, it's hard to come up with a proper expression after the long, hard road you've been down, but CONGRATS!!!!!!! The rock that juts into the pool with the water spilling over it looks fantastic! The rock waterfall in the middle of the infinity edge is really neat, I've never seen anything like that done before. It's so nice that you can enjoy it after all this time!

o

Birdbath that is one outstanding pool. Next pool I build I'm stealing all of your design ideas! Thanks so much for sharing the process with us...painful as it was. We are all so happy to see your dream become a reality. Enjoy!
Judy

o

WOW! Spectacular!! Breathtaking! Gorgeous! Everyone has taken the words right out of my mouth! Man, what a pool! What a great day, huh! There's nothing better for a hangover than to just fall into the pool! Congratulations!

o

this is my first post on your pool saga threads but I have been following it for the entire time, coming back to see if you had any progress and wow what a delight it was to see this thread and these spectacular pictures. I have to say one of the most beautiful pools I have seen. The design is so unique, I absolutely LOVE the gecko you did, so impressed that you did that yourself! What a long long wait you have had but man it sure was worth it! Now I look at my pool which till now I thought was pretty nice LOL and think humm oh that would look much better and yes that blue color is the way to go LOL I may see a pool makeover in my future.

Enjoy that pool, I know you will, it is definitely a keeper and should be on the cover of a magazine!

o

Wow, it is a beauty. So happy that it all finally worked out. Now you can enjoy your pool after all the wait.

Please don't forget to go after the PB because I know that you wouldn't want anyone else to go through what you did.

o

Just WOW! Ditto to what everyone else has said from another background follower! Gorgeous! So happy to see that you have finally gotten your beautiful dream pool completed!

Please keep us posted on what happens with the original builder - justice served would be the satisfying epilogue to your story!

o

Oh my, its beyond beautiful. I love the stone ledge spill over at the spa...as well as all your other incredible features. I'm jealous!!!

o

Ditto to what everyone else is saying - they've used up all the good descriptives.

I will add one additional comment - Kids better be nice to mama. They owe ya. LOL.

Truly, they aren't aware yet of how this pool is going to enhance their lives until they're older. I didn't fully appreciate the time, money & effort my parents put into our pool until I had moved out and then, oh how I missed the pool!

Congratulations!

o

That is one incredible pool. Wow.
Absolutely beautiful. I love how it fits so seamlessly into the landscape. Congratulations to you! You certainly deserve it!

o

OK, all of your kind words have made me want to cry. It was a long, painful road - and now all of your extra kind words mean so much :). It is so strange and surreal to look outside the windows and see water! I am still shocked everytime I see it. "Whose pool is that? Am I dreaming? Where's the gunite?".
Well, our friend from Connecticutt just called and wanted to know when we're tearing our house down and rebuilding it to match the pool. lol. We have an older home (it doesn't match the homes you see around our pool - they are all new and beautiful). My husband said we could either build a pool or renovate our house. I chose the pool (what he doesn't know is that I drew just a FEW little changes to the home and have them on a piece of paper in my nightstand - just waiting for the right moment to show him:)). Maybe I'll be on the home builder's forum next.....wait, what am I saying?!?!
Anyway, here's a few pics of the pool this morning. These were taken before the kids were up, the pool pumps were off, and it was just soooooo quiet out there.
Photobucket

I'm amazed at how reflective the color is in the early morning and late evening. You can still see the barstools and the bottom of the pool, but it kind of reminds me of a lake or something. It's a lot more soothing than shotcrete :).
Photobucket

o

such a nice scene....I know exactly what you mean....I remember those early sunrises in AZ. There was just such a unique combination of sunlight, sky, earth, and even smell, and your photo captures that for me with your gorgeous water color and reflection....I do miss living out there. We lived in the North Mountain region....which mountain range is that in the distance? Bravo again....it all came together beautifully.

o

This pool is spectacular ! I absolutely LOVE the design and that pebble color !!!.... especically LOVE the negative edges... they just flow so nice ! What a great party pool ! A cold beer... a little swim... and an amazing sunset !! You have it all !!! Enjoy !!

o

cdavmd - Good morning! Those hills are part of the Estrella Mountain Range - in the southwest part of the valley. The North Mountain Range, where you lived, is beautiful, too!! We love going up to Pleasant Lake and the Cave Creek area. Very, very nice. When my husband and I met, we both owned our own homes down in the valley. We sold them when we got married and bought this land in the foothills. Our house is much older than the others you see in the background, but we love the view and being away from the mobs. We pretty much live on our back patio and I remember several years of just daydreaming about the pool and drawing designs in the sand. There used to be three little fruit trees where the pool is now. That was it! Oh, I forgot to answer your question earlier about the pool temperature. The water in the trucks was WARM - too warm, almost. It sat in that silver tanker in 112 degrees for a few hours between loads, so it heated up FAST before they dumped it in the pool. Our plumber is coming out today with the pool kit, so I don't have a thermometer. I'm guessing the water temp is about 78 - 80 degrees right now.

I just left you a message on your thread. :)

o

I am so glad you posted those 2 new photos I was trying to show it to my husband and tell him about that fabulous gecko you did but it was not showing in the others on this post, I was going to have to go searching for it but you did manage to get it in the new picture! Just spectacular, I would be living out there in that pool! My husband was extremely impressed with it also. He was curious if it tends to cool off a lot at night and if you have to have a heater at all.
WE are in the North Dallas area and our pool currently is in the 90's, it at times gets so hot it is more like a bath than a refreshing pool. WE do have a heater but have rarely ever used it, in the summer I think at times I would prefer having a cooler for it LOL. WE do have a water fall spa into the pool and that does actually help cool the water some.
Keep on with those pictures!

o

Birdbath - I have been out here watching your journey and cheering for you. I have got to say that YOU put together a truly beautiful pool. As they say, "Once the water goes in, you forget the problems". Hopefully all your problems are behind you and there is nothing to do but accumulate great memories. Enjoy

o

As long as you're snapping pics, Birdbath, how about some night ones? Pretty please?! I just can't get enough of it!

o

birdbath, I too have been following this as alot of people here have. Your pool is so gorgeous. I know that you are already enjoying it. If I remember right, didn't that pb design it? If so, you really have to admit that it was almost worth it in the end. Look what you ended up with. I know you put up with alot of BS, but it sure turned out nice. And, post your water temp when you can. I think your water may be warmer than you think. I am in South Louisiana and its been in the low 90's here. My pool temp doesn't go below 85 degrees lately. In the afternoon its been between 89 and 90 degrees. Thats alright though, our pool was finished in mid November '07 and I just could not wait until it got warm enough to fianlly get in my pool. All I could do all winter is go out and have my margaritas in my chaise lounge sitting next to the pool. Atleast you can get in yours right away. Have fun.

o

Wow, I enjoyed this column as much as you did obtaining water!!! It really is perfect and luxurious! Enjoy it!
CV

o

i am truly impressed and inspired by the type of design you have created for this magnificent pool, and am as well looking into having an infinity edge pool, i really would like to know the price this all added up to and the amount of time it took. if you can email me and tell me if u get a chance. cdjguy148@yahoo.com

the pool is spectacular.

o

WOW! I just found this thread. Incredible! Katherine

o

Your pool is STUNNING, beautiful, gorgeous!! I love your gecko, the bar stools, EVERYTHING!! I'm so sorry you had to go through so much to get to where you are, but you have the most fabulous pool EVER, so hopefully all that aggravation was worth it. Congratulations! Susan

o

Birdbath,

I LOVE your pool and the view! I can relate to the staring out at the pool and the temptation to drink lots more cocktails on the patio--LOL!! Oh and the house remodel thing---we did the same thing, put the pool in first! Here is the good news--you will get so many compliments on the pool that your DH will be more lenient on the going over budget part, when you remodel!!

o

I just wanted to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for posting your pictures. I am not sure if you come back to this site anymore but your pool inspired our design and we are going to put that cool little pool into our design too. I spoke to our PB on Friday and he said it could be done!! YIPPPPEEEEE. I hope your pool makes it into one of those wonderful pool idea books!

Katherine

Here is our old pool design and below is my sketch of the new design. I put the elevated Baja shelf with spillover on the right and moved the fountain to the left by our existing patio! I can't wait to get started and post pix too!

PB drawing to scale

New design courtesy of your wonderful pool:
Photobucket

o

Birdbath (or anyone with knowledge of this),

Could you please tell me how much it cost to build your pool? Do you think one could build this in a flat yard?

You can email me at jaynishpatel@aol.com

Thanks!

o

I think it really depends on where it is located in the country. In San Diego, I am paying about twice the price of pools in TX and most of AZ....

By the way birdbath et al, I stole your idea and are in the midst of pool building too! Thanks! Katherine

Here is a link that might be useful: San Diego Sunshine pool build

o

so how much did your pool cost in San Diego?

i am in texas

o

I am lurking here because it's freezing out and I'm dreaming of summertime. We don't have a pool. Your pool made me drool. It is just so cool! I've never seen anything like it.

o

lovely pool and a lovely lady who designed it...a late post since I just found your sage (both threads) today.

Remember that in mythology the salamander (a close relative of your georgeous geckos) can live in and survive fire...surely you have come through a baptism of fire and will emerge, guarded by your two lively geckos, to
live long, enjoy your own lagoon, and prosper, as Spock would say...
actually I think you might have a future as a pool contractor...

o

Here is one worth looking at again. Hope this works.
BUMP!

o

hey,
I am reeally new to the infinity pool idea but am really into and would reeallyy luv to install 1 similar to this 1 or something as crazy as this. Pls help in anyway you can concerning cost and ideas.

thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here