Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Junction Box

Posted by doyline (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 17, 11 at 9:17

My light junction box is under my deck steps just sticking up out of the ground. We are going to concrete under there when the pool is finished. There are 4 wires going into it and I think concreteing around them will make the concrete crack, let water get under the concrete etc. Also we will be spraying water under there to wash down the deck because it all runs together. Isnt that dangerous? What about it just being loose, shouldn't it be attached to something? Please Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Junction Box

doyline,
Light junction boxes should be attached to a rigid conduit that is attached to the light niche at the pool. It is required to be at least 8" above grade and water tight.
No loose wires should be visible and it should not be laying on the ground.
While you may not need to access this box in the near future, it should be in a spot that has easy access.

o
RE: Junction Box

I got them to move it from under my steps to a place that there will be no concrete. It is next to a deck post but I still think he is not going to attach it to anything. Big rain storm now so they all left.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here