Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newlknpool

Finished Pool Build - Charlotte, NC (Pictures)

NewLKNPool
11 years ago

We're DONE...well almost, there are a few minor things that the PB is doing, but for the most part we are done!

38' x 17'

3.5 feet to 6.5 feet

Custom Spa w/7 jets

2.0 HP Jandy Pump

340 Sf Jandy Cartridge Filter

Standard Pool Lights

SunShelf with Bubbler

Flagstone coping

Salt System

Jandy Remote Control

Quartz Plaster Finish

Pool Builder: Superior Pools and Spa

Our Rating: Happy!

Started with this....

then to this.....

then to this...

Comments (19)

• NewLKNPool
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dusk Shot...

• banana_fanna
    11 years ago

Lovely! Congratulations! Your yard is just beautiful.

• donnaw
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I love the spa spillover and contrast on the water / rock.

• jasonlmarsh
    11 years ago

That looks Beautiful! The deck looks kinda slick though, is it very slick when wet?

• MPK 09
    11 years ago

congratulations, looks beautiful! Hope you have a great first summer with it.

• Cypress214
    11 years ago

Love the pool- it is incredible. Enjoy every minute this summer in it!

• natural_one
    11 years ago

congrats!

Two simple recommendations you may already know:
    1- paint the exposed white PVC at the plumbing with a UV protectant paint.
    2- consider sealing the flagstone with a salt resistant sealer (i.e. dupont or 3M) as salt is very corrosive on porous stone.

Both preventative measures to keep you as happy as your are now in a couple years!

• NewLKNPool
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and GREAT recommendations!! Jason, no the deck is NOT slippery when wet, the salt finished seemed to dress up the boring concrete and is really smooth without being slick.

Natural - Thank you for the PVC recommendation... would have NEVER thought about that... yes, sealing the flagstone is stressing me out...I am planning to seal in the winter, is that too late?

• tussiemussies
    11 years ago

Beautiful pool. Bet you are enjoying every moment of being in it!

• MyFirstPool
    11 years ago

very lovely pool. my hubby and i have the same type of stone outlining our pool. we have not sealed it and after 8 months is already eroding.

enjoy your swimming pool

• twingle
    11 years ago

What a gorgeous pool. You did an amazing job. Enjoy :) I'm in the beginning planning stages. Would Something like you did be in the $50,000 range if thats not too rude to ask?? I would love a gunite pool but I think I may have to do a vinyl lined.

• NewLKNPool
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Twingle....Not rude to ask, I think that is why these forums are in place...this is meant to help! Our range was 50K - 60K, and for the most part got everything we wanted.

I have to admit, I was SHOCKED when I started to get quotes for pools. I am not sure when or why they got so expensive, but I was shown 100K& 200K pools that to me looked like they were worth 25K. Pools are WORSE than cars when it comes to extras and add-ons... You can get a basic pool, but double the price with add-on and extra features...

While I would have liked a BUNCH more features, our PB kept us grounded and kept us within budget....when I wanted all of the extras..he gave us the pros and cons and also told us what we could do later...there were a few things we did that were cheaper to do now vs. later...so we did them.

While it is not very popular on this forum, HAVE A BUDGET!!! Set your expectations and KEEP TO YOUR BUDGET. It can get out of control pretty quickly.

• beanwabr
    11 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! :)

• caldwellgirl
    11 years ago

How do you like the 3.6 to 6.5? We are looking at pools and PB are encouring the sports court or a deeper pool. They don't see the sense of 6 feet. We can't afford to heat a deeper pool in Idaho and I want a traditional shallow to deep end pool.
    Also we are looking for a pool fence and like yours. Can you give me a name and manufacturer for it?

• theballs
    11 years ago

caldwellgirl,

Jerith, Ameristar, and Specrail are three major manufacturers of aluminum fencing. All three products look pretty similar, although there are a few differences. You might want to google those three, and then give a couple local fence companies a call and ask which ones they offer. Middle TN prices for a 4' aluminum fence are around $20 a linear foot�so 100' of fencing will be $2k. No idea what prices are in your area, but at least that is a starting point for you.

• bmoreswim
    11 years ago

theballs - Is that the installed price per foot or DIY fence only?

Thanks!

NewLKNPool - Great looking stone work!

• superchargedss
    11 years ago

really nice pool to the OP! Where in LKN are u? We just moved from there back to South FL.

• NewLKNPool
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Not sure about the fence type/cost, we had the PB include this in the total price of the pool... I did not want to mess around with multiple contractors...was nice to to have it turn-key. I know the fence was done by Champion. We like it, it works for us.

• theballs
    11 years ago

bmoreswim, around here that is the installed price. My dad has been building/installing fences for 40 years, and I grew up helping him, and still do on occasion. If you can find a dealer who will sell to a person (not a business), you should be able to knock off a good chunk of that.