Return to the Pools & Spas Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help cleaning concrete pavers

Posted by amyhlr (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 7:43

I haven't been on this forum in many years, but could use your help. A few years ago we renovated the landscaping around our pool and installed concrete pavers. Over the years the pavers developed a white stain on them in the area underneath the white aluminum lounges. My husband now admits that he used a spray cleaner containing bleach to clean the lounges at the beginning of the season. Does anyone know how to clean the pavers? We already tried powerwashing, to no avail.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help cleaning concrete pavers

amyhir,
It is my experience is that nothing replaces the color that is bleached out by the Chlorine. It may be easier to just replace the discolored pavers that are affected. It is pretty simple to do. Good luck.

o

Thanks Golfgeek, it appears that I am stuck. The company that manufactured my pavers went out of business after 75 years.

o

Try Gator Eflo clean. They may just have efflorescence bleeding through.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Pools & Spas Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here