Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amyhlr

Need help cleaning concrete pavers

amyhlr
9 years ago

I haven't been on this forum in many years, but could use your help. A few years ago we renovated the landscaping around our pool and installed concrete pavers. Over the years the pavers developed a white stain on them in the area underneath the white aluminum lounges. My husband now admits that he used a spray cleaner containing bleach to clean the lounges at the beginning of the season. Does anyone know how to clean the pavers? We already tried powerwashing, to no avail.

Comments (4)

• golfgeek
    9 years ago

amyhir,
    It is my experience is that nothing replaces the color that is bleached out by the Chlorine. It may be easier to just replace the discolored pavers that are affected. It is pretty simple to do. Good luck.

• amyhlr
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Golfgeek, it appears that I am stuck. The company that manufactured my pavers went out of business after 75 years.

• sceadu
    9 years ago

Try Gator Eflo clean. They may just have efflorescence bleeding through.

• PRO
    Paver Wash
    5 years ago

IF... The problem is efflorescence then these pointers might help future Houzz'ers with the same problem:

What is Efflorescence and How Can I Clean It?

https://www.paverwash.com/efflorescence-can-clean/

If it is bleach damage, and since the pavers can't be purchased, might try chiseling out the grout and turn over the damaged pavers, after cleaning them. Just a thought.